• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Jass download problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
oh i thought you needed a program to read an use the laguage

{EDIT 1}
were do u download it tooooooo though thats one of the things i asked

{EDIT 2}
wat program do u open findpath.lua

{EDIT 3}
i need help
make it simple im dyxlexic

{EDIT 4}
plus it wont work so idk

{EDIT 5}
i just want it so itll work

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 28
You can write JASS with the regular world editor as well, but JNGP (which can be downloaded in the previously linked URL) is easier.
For a direct download, click here.

Once you're inside the world editor (regular one or JNGP, I don't care), you left-click on any trigger you want.
Then you go to Edit and click "Convert to Custom Text".
Et voila, there's your JASS.

If you want a program to write JASS without using the world editor, I suggest JassCraft.

Simple English:

Click a trigger.
Edit -> Convert to custom text.
Your trigger is now JASS.

Useful programs: JassCraft / JNGP.
Useful tutorials: Tut 1 / Tut 2 / Tut 3 / Tut 4 (and many many more).

Level 2
LOOK WereTF DO U PUT IT if it is working then why is everytime i download something with jass IT WONT WORK thats wat im asking
SIMPLEY: why wont my downloads work, did i download jass wrong or is it the download, not how to use it

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
JassNewGenPack will only work with windows as far as I know. If you have a problem with that complain over at WC3Campaigns about it to the makers. If the makers say it supports mac then they will be able to help you further but I seriously doubt it nativly supports running on macs.

Currently the only options you have to run it are.
Load JNGP in some sort of virtual boot of Windows XP or newer or some sort of windows emulator like bootcamp (or is that a linux windows emualtor...).
Load JNGP in a Windows XP or newer installed as a multi boot.

As you can see both are not easy.

Also JASS is the Warcraft 3 scripting language. You are not entirly clear as to what you are after. All spells in the spell section should work without modification on mac as long as you have patched your Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne installation to the lattest version.

If the spells use JassNewGenPack then the only way to edit them is by running the windows version of WorldEdit and getting the JassNewGenPack hack to patch that as it is loading. This usually requires an installation of windows, but might be doable via bootcamp or other windows emulators. The reason why Mac can not run it is down to the use of different programming files on Macs than windows. Even if a Mac can run the JNGP hack .exe it will still expect the windows version of Warcraft 3 and a simple path change will not suffice because of the Mac and Windows Warcraft 3 Program files beinng different.

JASS is the scripting language of Warcraft 3. If you are having problem using JASS (the scripting language) then you will have to post the script you have created and the errors you receive (eithor logic where something fails ingame or syntax where it will not let the script load properly and gives an error on map save).

make it simple im dyxlexic
That purly means some of your inteligence related measurements have a huge variation in performance (their max and min are far appart). It is not an excuse to make people say their ideas simply for you. An example of a survearly dyslexic person is someone who is extreemly gifted in mathimatics, image recognition and logical thinking yet has extreemly poor thinking and writing speed for his age. I do however understand that in this case, your dyslexia probably is partly the result of poor language capabilities. We do not need to know you have dyslexia, a simple "I have problems with English" would suffice since many people who use this site do not speak English as their primary language and probably are in a very simlar position to you.

Level 28
LOOK WereTF DO U PUT IT if it is working then why is everytime i download something with jass IT WONT WORK thats wat im asking
SIMPLEY: why wont my downloads work, did i download jass wrong or is it the download, not how to use it
And if you do have Windows (which you said in your first post), then it might be your virus scanner.
JNGP returns a false positive, meaning that the virus scanner will detect a virus and automatically block it while it is not actually a virus.
You can add the JNGP folder to your virus scanner's exceptions so it will ignore the program.

And seriously, can't you be a little bit more nice? Do you have any idea how hard it is to understand you? You're really not explaining yourself very good.
"Every time I download something with JASS" could mean either spells, maps, or programs for JASS... (or all of them).
How about you cool down and EXPLAIN your problem instead of shouting random things (just read your first post, you can derive absolutely nothing from that, apart from the fact that you have a mac and a problem).

And DSG is completely right, by the way...

Status
Not open for further replies.