• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jaina Dominated

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
here we have the archmage jaina proudmoore in her version of dominated by Zovaal
Contents

ICON (Icon)

Jaina Dominated (Model)

Portrait (Model)

Level 4
I can't get your models to work properly. Attempted twice with Maiev, and than Jaina, and same problem repeat, they look about totally dark (definitely not how they should look, when I compare them to examples shown here).

Doubt error is with your models because you get it to work, and as I read others also get it to work properly. But I imported lot of other models and never had any issue. So I can't get idea where problem is. I need your help on this.

I can't get your models to work properly. Attempted twice with Maiev, and than Jaina, and same problem repeat, they look about totally dark (definitely not how they should look, when I compare them to examples shown here).

Doubt error is with your models because you get it to work, and as I read others also get it to work properly. But I imported lot of other models and never had any issue. So I can't get idea where problem is. I need your help on this.
Mad photo because I don't know what you mean, just in case my models are from the latest version of reforged if you are in an old version or in the pirated version obviously it won't work, it only works in the latest version of the original

Level 4
What you mean by "mad photo", now I don't understand :)
Do you want me to take screenshoot and attach it here?

That weird almost complete black color look appears already in editor, same as in game.

I'm really trying to figure out what is problem, but I definitely did everything as it is described how to import it. I hope we figure out what is issue, as I would really like to use them, both Jaina and Maiev. (only icon works normal, and btw., they are beautiful work).

I have original, non pirated W3 Reforged which I update from Battle.net, now version is 1.35.0.19887 (and I did check for updates, it says I'm up to date).

What you mean by "mad photo", now I don't understand :)
Do you want me to take screenshoot and attach it here?

That weird almost complete black color look appears already in editor, same as in game.

I'm really trying to figure out what is problem, but I definitely did everything as it is described how to import it. I hope we figure out what is issue, as I would really like to use them, both Jaina and Maiev. (only icon works normal, and btw., they are beautiful work).

I have original, non pirated W3 Reforged which I update from Battle.net, now version is 1.35.0.19887 (and I did check for updates, it says I'm up to date).
Sorry translator error, yes. take a photo and send it

Level 4
I imported lot more other custom models, not only these on this screenshoots, and all of them works/looks without issue.

For this Dominated Jaina problem, exactly same is happening when I did try Dominated Maiev.

I follow logic, if it works ok for you and for others, but at same time I followed instructions for importing which are simple.. I'm confused where problem are. Is there something specific, different needed when importing your models? Maybe I'm making some mistake which I don't notice.

Human_JainaProudmoore_dominado_Cape_Diffuse.tif
human_jainaproudmoore_dominado_cape_emissive.dds
Human_JainaProudmoore_dominado_Hair_Diffuse.tif
Human_JainaProudmoore_dominado_Main_Diffuse.tif
human_jainaproudmoore_dominado_main_emissive.dds
Human_JainaProudmoore_dominado_Pauldron_Diffuse.tif
human_jainaproudmoore_dominado_pauldron_emissive.dds
Human_JainaProudmoore_dominado_Weapon_Diffuse.tif
Human_JainaProudmoore_dominado_Weapon_Emissive.tif

war3campImported\JainaDominated.mdx
war3campImported\JainaDominated_portrait.mdx

Than, in Editor, I replaced her Art - Model File with war3campImported\JainaDominated.mdx, which than turns into war3campImported\JainaDominated.mdl

Attachments

• test ww.png
    test ww.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 12
  • test ww1.png
    test ww1.png
    7 MB · Views: 13
  • test ww2.png
    test ww2.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 11
I imported lot more other custom models, not only these on this screenshoots, and all of them works/looks without issue.

For this Dominated Jaina problem, exactly same is happening when I did try Dominated Maiev.

I follow logic, if it works ok for you and for others, but at same time I followed instructions for importing which are simple.. I'm confused where problem are. Is there something specific, different needed when importing your models? Maybe I'm making some mistake which I don't notice.

Human_JainaProudmoore_dominado_Cape_Diffuse.tif
human_jainaproudmoore_dominado_cape_emissive.dds
Human_JainaProudmoore_dominado_Hair_Diffuse.tif
Human_JainaProudmoore_dominado_Main_Diffuse.tif
human_jainaproudmoore_dominado_main_emissive.dds
Human_JainaProudmoore_dominado_Pauldron_Diffuse.tif
human_jainaproudmoore_dominado_pauldron_emissive.dds
Human_JainaProudmoore_dominado_Weapon_Diffuse.tif
Human_JainaProudmoore_dominado_Weapon_Emissive.tif

war3campImported\JainaDominated.mdx
war3campImported\JainaDominated_portrait.mdx

Than, in Editor, I replaced her Art - Model File with war3campImported\JainaDominated.mdx, which than turns into war3campImported\JainaDominated.mdl
strange, for some reason the emissives are being detected but the diffuse is not being detected by the game

I have to check to see why it could be

Well, it's very strange, I just imported the model and it looks perfectly

1678032928672.png

An acquaintance of mine also tried and recorded a video of the models with quenching and with the mod the model also works

The only thing that occurs to me is that the game is not detecting the "diffuse" textures but I don't know why, I have to find out but very strange

View attachment 427236

Last edited:
Level 4
yep, I'll try, just to make sure it only happens with those 2? Do the rest of the dominated work correctly?

I did not try. If you wish, I will test some of other Dominated tomorrow, have to go sleep soon, my eyes are falling :)

Level 4
Same problem is happening with Dominated Uther and Kael. And I tested it in different campaign (just for testing) where nothing is imported, so we can be sure nothing else is interfering.

I really don't understand. If it works for you and for your friends, than there is probably no error in your models.

But than why it doesnt works for me, 99% models I imported works fine (if there is some small errors, that is same what other users encountered in that case).
I'm using original game, from Battle.net, it is updated, and I'm using Editor which comes there with game.

But there is something I'm missing. We have to figure out, I'm really courius to find what it is.

You said you had problems when you tested that game don't detect diffuse textures? (your post here, number 13).

Attachments

• uther kael test.png
    uther kael test.png
    6.8 MB · Views: 7
Same problem is happening with Dominated Uther and Kael. And I tested it in different campaign (just for testing) where nothing is imported, so we can be sure nothing else is interfering.

I really don't understand. If it works for you and for your friends, than there is probably no error in your models.

But than why it doesnt works for me, 99% models I imported works fine (if there is some small errors, that is same what other users encountered in that case).
I'm using original game, from Battle.net, it is updated, and I'm using Editor which comes there with game.

But there is something I'm missing. We have to figure out, I'm really courius to find what it is.

You said you had problems when you tested that game don't detect diffuse textures? (your post here, number 13).
Well, what can I tell you, if it happens to you with all the dominated ones and you're the only one that happens to you is either your game or your pc that doesn't recognize them, because I checked, I passed them to several people and all the models are doing well, both with and without quenching, models work

nono I said that the model should not detect you the Diffuse textures since when that happens the model looks black

Now that I'm seeing the textures that you're showing, you put them as .TIF instead of .DDS, I'm sure that's the error I don't know because you imported them as tif and not as dds

Level 4
Than yes probably error is on my side, I have to find what it is.

I imported them as it is writen in your Readme file, I copy from there, it is how you had writen instructions, so some are .TIF, some are .DDS.

I will now test with changing some of them to see what happens.

Can you please check and let me know are all (except .mdx) are .DDS on your pc, or if not, tell me which ones need to be changed from .TIF to .DDS ?

Level 4
It seems to work! Only after changing all to .DDS for Uther resulted in look which seems to be Dominated.

Now I will check with Jaina in campaign I work on so I can have them in my forces and check it properly.

EDIT - Yes, Jaina works properly now. myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.. so all issue was with that. I will now import Maiev (I need only Jaina and Maiev domanated in my campaign).
I'm so happy problem is found.
But than correct your Readme file, set there .DDS instead of .TIF also.

So far for whatever I imported, I used instructions from Readme, and there was no problems, some of them are .TIF but all works properly. I'm new to this so I don't know for sure.

EDIT 2 - Maiev is also working perfect.

btw., besides amazing models, also icons are real are and nice. 5 stars rating <3

Last edited:
It seems to work! Only after changing all to .DDS for Uther resulted in look which seems to be Dominated.

Now I will check with Jaina in campaign I work on so I can have them in my forces and check it properly.

EDIT - Yes, Jaina works properly now. myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.. so all issue was with that. I will now import Maiev (I need only Jaina and Maiev domanated in my campaign).
I'm so happy problem is found.
But than correct your Readme file, set there .DDS instead of .TIF also.

So far for whatever I imported, I used instructions from Readme, and there was no problems, some of them are .TIF but all works properly. I'm new to this so I don't know for sure.

EDIT 2 - Maiev is also working perfect.

btw., besides amazing models, also icons are real are and nice. 5 stars rating <3
What a relief, I'm glad it worked, I don't know why hive would have uploaded them as tif but all the textures are DDS so it's very strange hahaha anyway what matters is that it could be solved