• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Item Stacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have a trigger that uses tomes that are "used when acquired" to make certain items stack. Eveything seems ok beside one thing. You can't purchase tomes with regular units (Non Hero), which makes couriers in my map unable to fire the trigger. Does anyone know a work around?

Level 7
Unit with inventory buying a tome
I just tried the test map in that thread and the trigger seems to not work as intended. The non hero unit in that trigger can buy tomes but cannot carry them, they are simply created on the ground next to the unit, it also can't pick them up from the ground afterwards, again stoping it's function as a courier for the main hero.

Level 39
Unit with inventory buying a tome
I just tried the test map in that thread and the trigger seems to not work as intended. The non hero unit in that trigger can buy tomes but cannot carry them, they are simply created on the ground next to the unit, it also can't pick them up from the ground afterwards, again stoping it's function as a courier for the main hero.
The trigger works as intended for the OP of that thread, but it's not what you want it to do. I misunderstood and thought they wanted to resolve the problem the same way you did, but they were content simply to let the tome fall onto the ground if the unit couldn't hold it. I think you should look into the system ned linked, as that allows configurable stacking without using tomes (afaik). Your other option would be to instead sell dummy items from the shop; if it's a hero buying them remove the bought item and give them the right tome, but if it's a unit that buys them you'll have to replace and stack the items manually yourself.

Also tomes leak. You can fix them with this: [System] Item Cleanup

Status
Not open for further replies.