• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item Stacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Here is a solution if you want weapons that don't stack damage. No triggers required.
Create an ability based off of command aura.

In the ability options do the following:
- Remove the Art Special Effect
- Change the Area of Effect radius to 1
- Change Targets Allowed to *Self* only
- Change the damage to *Flat Bonus*
- Make a buff named after your weapon (Bronze Sword or w/e) and use that as the buff of your ability (That way your unit wont have the command aura buff).
You cannot simply remove the buff as it causes problems with stacking damage.
- Give this custom ability to your item.

I've tested this on my test map and it works so this is not a theory. The weapon with the highest damage is chosen.

Note*
You will have to make multiples of this ability for all of your custom items. (I.E bronze sword, silver sword, master sword)
This only works with stats that are affected by auras and passive abilities.
This Includes:
Armor (devotion Aura)
Movement/Attack Speed (Endurance Aura)
Mana Regeneration (Brilliance Aura)
Crit Chance (Critical Strike)
Dodge Chance (Evasion)
and so on...

A potential problem with this is if your hero has an ally with these auras it will not stack any of his weapon auras if they are stronger.

Hope this helps.

Level 13
Here is a solution if you want weapons that don't stack damage. No triggers required.
Create an ability based off of command aura.

In the ability options do the following:
- Remove the Art Special Effect
- Change the Area of Effect radius to 1
- Change Targets Allowed to *Self* only
- Change the damage to *Flat Bonus*
- Make a buff named after your weapon (Bronze Sword or w/e) and use that as the buff of your ability (That way your unit wont have the command aura buff).
You cannot simply remove the buff as it causes problems with stacking damage.
- Give this custom ability to your item.

I've tested this on my test map and it works so this is not a theory. The weapon with the highest damage is chosen.

Note*
You will have to make multiples of this ability for all of your custom items. (I.E bronze sword, silver sword, master sword)
This only works with stats that are affected by auras and passive abilities.
This Includes:
Armor (devotion Aura)
Movement/Attack Speed (Endurance Aura)
Mana Regeneration (Brilliance Aura)
Crit Chance (Critical Strike)
Dodge Chance (Evasion)
and so on...

A potential problem with this is if your hero has an ally with these auras it will not stack any of his weapon auras if they are stronger.

Hope this helps.
So this wont apply to items... Well I'll try to see how I could incorporate this, thanks for the help and effort

Level 5
So this wont apply to items... Well I'll try to see how I could incorporate this, thanks for the help and effort
What do you mean it wont apply to items? You GIVE the custom ability to your sword item. That's it. Damage will not stack as you requested.

Edit:
Here is my test map with the weapons so you can see for yourself.
The item damage will not stack.

Attachments

• test_caldera.w3x
    18.2 MB · Views: 43
Level 13
What do you mean it wont apply to items? You GIVE the custom ability to your sword item. That's it. Damage will not stack as you requested.

Edit:
Here is my test map with the weapons so you can see for yourself.
The item damage will not stack.
My utmost apology I meant the Item Ability. Thanks for the help :)

Level 13
Your welcome!
I hope I answered your question fully.
Here have a look for some reason it keeps stacking :/
I copied the abilities and buffs and renamed them, however it still seems to be not working, same for the Armors I am currently trying to do

Attachments

• BattleForJigran1.w3x
    4.5 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Level 5
its the swords
My apologies I forgot to tell you to make sure the swords have the cooldown group (command aura)
I copied the abilities and buffs and renamed them, however it still seems to be not working, same for the Armors I am currently trying to do

I apologize I forgot to tell you that the items must give the same buff! So all weapons should have the buff *weapon equipped* for example.
Anyway I fixed the weapons on your map,
I noticed that you were working on a trigger that only allows the hero to pick up 1 sword, so I made the trigger for you, and added 1 for shields and armor so
all heros can only have 1 armor 1 shield and 1 weapon. Take a look at the triggers and let me know if you have any questions.

Edit: I just realized something after tweaking your map.
You don't even need to use the aura trick for your items because you can only carry 1 of each type of item anyway! So you can go back to using the claws of attack ability if you like! That way you can get rid of the weapon buff completely and benefit from friendly auras!

Attachments

• BattleForJigran1.w3x
    4.5 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Level 13
My apologies I forgot to tell you to make sure the swords have the cooldown group (command aura)

I apologize I forgot to tell you that the items must give the same buff! So all weapons should have the buff *weapon equipped* for example.
Anyway I fixed the weapons on your map,
I noticed that you were working on a trigger that only allows the hero to pick up 1 sword, so I made the trigger for you, and added 1 for shields and armor so
all heros can only have 1 armor 1 shield and 1 weapon. Take a look at the triggers and let me know if you have any questions.

Edit: I just realized something after tweaking your map.
You don't even need to use the aura trick for your items because you can only carry 1 of each type of item anyway! So you can go back to using the claws of attack ability if you like! That way you can get rid of the weapon buff completely and benefit from friendly auras!
Thanks for all the Help! As I usually do (or I at least try) I am going to have you incorporated into a story as a character, most likely "Officer Abys" you fine with that?

Level 5
Omfg you do not know how you just saved me, my comp crashed, corrupting my old file, with this map you sent me I can get a head start and get back on track.
Lol I saw your thread and was about to send you the map again LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.