• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

is this site still being developed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Since oz02 closed the other topic, ill reprase here.

Is there still a web designer working for this site? Who? If not, does anyone know who the last person to work on this site was, who is responsible? :?:

Level 9
I wouls take a guess at that Darky done this but you would probably have to ask VG or a mod

Level 2
i think its more of a question of who to ask if something doesnt work as intented, aka if the server gets overloaded with requests 24/7, what can be done with the existing code to streamline the page generation (and thus reducing server load) or if the site needs a dedicated server (or more servers).

all you would realy need to buy/fund a bigger server/more servers is a tip jar asking for donations (less than $10, of ammounts $1, $2, $5, $10 or something along those lines) on the map/file description pages, but never make the donation a requirement to download the file. just have a message on the main page asking nicely to (please support our site)

Level 9
@ZombieLordzero: if you look on the main page there is a paypal button thats how you donate, altho it seems that not every1 takes any notice of it. At the moment darky pays from what he gets from links that he hosts and his own pocket so anymore servers might just be ruled out.

Level 2
lol, right under my nose, but it is also in an easy to miss place. the donate button is nice, but what i was thinking about was more like this:

http://thisweekintech.com/

the side bar on the right. one click for a recurring donation every month or once a year. the placement of the bar is right at the top, equal level with the rest of the page and the news content (aka the stuff you want to see/use). So a 3 line box with 3 donation options below Download this: and Important Note: would place the donation buttons in an easily reconizable place but not impeed the download.

Level 9
Well you could PM Darky about your idea or VG. I forgot to say also the google ads are also an income point so make sure you CLICK them.

Status
Not open for further replies.