• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

is anyone else having trouble dowloading skins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
i have not been able to download at least 70 or 80% of the skins i have wanted so far. every time this happens i am told that the link does not exist. what's the deal? anyone else have this problem or suggest a solution?

Level 5
um, thank you mecheon...

now does anyone over 12 years old have any word on when the archives will be back up?

Level 5
that post was made 9 days ago, so i was hoping that something might have happened since then...

at least the response was more respectful than your first one. sometimes i'm convinced that the internet has actually made us more ignorant and less respectful of other people, not the other way around.

Level 45
"A large portion of our skins and maps archive is currently down. Unfortunatly We are not expecting it to be back up anytime soon."

and dont say" oh, i was thinking they would be back up" because from the post of this thread, it looks like you had absoultly no idea of the news.
and if they were up, then the links would work, got it?

and no. it hasnt made us ignorent and disrespectful, its made people stupid( not refering to mech).

and you cant yell at us for bloomin pointin out the obvious 10 times.

this is about the 10th from what i think post saying the same dam thing.

so we cant just cnp saying "read the news" on every dam one of this stupid thread questions.

and if you find my mood offensive, go ahead, blame my life and the "naturally disrepectful" idiots in the icon submission section.

Level 5
actually yes it has made you incredibly ignorant and disrespectful. you wouldn't say that to my face, i guarantee you. but since you can just sit behind your computer and flame me you don't watch what you say, you just spew whatever emotional comments come into your head.

i actually found the news section about 15 minutes after i made the original post. i had gotten the link from a friend and it went directly to the skins, so i had never seen the news section before and it wasn't "obvious" to me at all.

people are always going to ask you questions that seem obvious to you, so get used to it and don't treat them like they're stupid.

oh, and you should probably wait a few minutes to cool down so that instead of making another short-sighted emotional response to this post you actually write something that's worth reading. but since i know you won't, i can pretty much predict what you are going to say and i probably won't respond or even read it.

OK, one more thing...i have read many of the posts from the assholes in the icon section and i do feel where you're coming from. you can take or leave my advice on that: treat them with the same respect that you would want to be treated with and you will usually get the same from them. look at how you two treated me on this post and see where it got you. we're all pissed off and we've wasted a lot of time on this pointless argument. if you had simply responded with "read the news section" it would have been over in 30 seconds.

Level 45
if you noticed 15 mintues later why didnt you post that or edited your post?

now, lets go over the icon thing:
--------------------
Werewulf:
Not Accepted

These following types of icons are not allowed.
Icons that dont have a DISBTN(disabled version)
Copy and Paste from cartoons or movies
Copy and Paste from real life pictures
Crappy paint attempts
Icons without the metal border
Poorly shaded icons
Really stupid icons
Poorly recolored
Already existent WAR3 icons
Must have an correct looking DISBTN
No ingame screenshots
CnP's must be really good looking

OrderofPhoenix:
Quote:
I never knew that noobs would use their ugly picture for an icon.

That's not just ANYONE! That's Gunther! The Uber superstar!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4890535583577505426&q=gunther

In case you didn't know.

By the way, your icons aren't very pretty either!

Edit:

For the sake of argument, may I ask why those rules in effect? Obviously because it makes the sections extremely hard to search through if you happened to be looking for something good, which you do not consider this icon to be.

So why, again, for the sake of argument, does the site harbour thousands of retextured skins that look like they were edited in MS Paint? I personally would never use half the crap in the skins section, yet no one complains.

http://www.wc3sear.ch/files/minimap....jpg&t=Screenshot&sizeX=537&sizeY=525&x=0&y=0

That skin for example...would you use it? It looks to me like it doesn't belong in Warcraft III, which is the usual defense against icons such as these, which don't go with the "atmosphere". No offense to the maker of that skin, of course, just using it as an example.

Why do the icon people complain? Why oh why?

Just my opinion, in all seriousness, and not intended to cause trouble, just asking.

Werewulf:
maybe cuz its for a mod or one of the other wc3models for it to match?
ever heard of space fel orc an marine?
hes made/modded an icon for it.
and it does have wc3 style but maybe not much of the atmosphere.

but why the hell would someone need this icon!?serious!!

OrderofPhoenix:
You answered your own question.

"maybe cuz its for a mod"

Cronos:
Sweet Jesus Christ people... learn to just chillax abit! What are you, freaking art terrorists? You and your damn rules. Art should have no rules. Rules are for fools! Personally, I dont see much of a use for this icon, but who knows.. maybe someone might make a gunther map.. hahaha. And wereful, what the mother effer is your problem? Untuck your weener from your buttucks and learn to have some fun man! Rules are for fools children, do yourselves a favor and stay out of school!

-p.s. - VOTE GUNTHER FOR PRESIDENT!
Werewulf:
number 1, any mod with this icon in it would be pretty gay since no-one actually made the dam icon art except the photographers!!And why would this be used in a mod when there is no dam model or skin of Gunther eh? Are you going to make one? i suspect no.

and number 2, i know art, but this isnt art, this is stealing and cropping nothin more!

number fucking 3, im a girl!

OrderofPhoenix:
Quote:
number 1, any mod with this icon in it would be pretty gay since no-one actually made the dam icon art except the photographers!!And why would this be used in a mod when there is no dam model or skin of Gunther eh? Are you going to make one? i suspect no.

Hey, did it EVER occur to you that icons can be used in the interface, or even for spells! No way!

Cronos:
AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, my sincere appologies ma'am. But just to tip the scale on the balance maybe orderofpheonix should untuck his weener from his buttucks, he sounds like hes taking this a little to far aswell... unless hes a girl too, then in that case maybe he should loosen up the tampon easing up his crotch but thats just this man's opinion. I tell you what, i'll make this up to you with some sweet sweet pationate, keyboard slamming, hard drive pumping, webcam raging cyber sex. I'll throw in some digital condoms and we'll have hacker christmas. Baby, we'll shake up cyber space like the play boy mansion on a friday night. Please dont get all crazy on me and throw a ban, its just.. im IN LOVE!!!! I cant hide my feelings for you no more. I know its wrong, I know moderators shouldnt be with people like me. But I cant help it baby, the way you post comments like that, the way you get all cute when your flame warring, the way you make my mouth water when you post another mod... oOoOoOoo, You make em so beautiful baby. They are so good, but thats not why I download them, I download them because they make me think of you. I know we see the world differently baby, but that dont matter, we can work it out. So please baby, have a heart, accept my proposal.. will you be my wc3sear.ch girlfriend ms. werewulf?

Werewulf:
OrderofPhoenix, why the hell are you keeping this going?
WHY?! would anyone want this as a spell?or interface icon?i make icons you idiot, i make models,skins and i can make a entire interface! i wouldnt want this in my game or anygame i ever will play.
let me guess the spell
"zomg Gunther spell!"-
Summon a mighty blast from gunther that no-one knows and doesnt even appear!" or "summon an invisible gay guy"

look comeone, shutup please, my statement here is that this icon brakes the rules, and then your complaining about it and turning this argument into something really offtopic on my point and in my opinion really stupid.

Im stating about the rules, and this icon does brake the rules! okay? and i was addressing that to the submitter not you, you idiot! And you started the agrument so dont go fucking blaming me you idiot!

Clearly think of the logics before you post crap.

And no, im not a mod but i know the rules and iv seen alot of "crap".
When Daelin gets back from hes vacation, im gonna make sure this place gets busted ass cleaned.

and dont you start pointing out gay stuff like, "zomg, this could be used as an avatar" "this could be used as a skill or upgrade" "Why are you pointing out he rules when you are not a mod you phoney?" "Your icons suck"
Cuz if your goning to go posting BS, go piss off and boast your claim somewhere else like wwww.GuntherKKK.com

Im gettin dam tired of your crappy claims and remarks and Cronos, your behaviour is disgusting and horrible, in all seriousness, YOU piss off too.
------------------

If you think im flaming you, go fucking right ahead and report me.

And if you call me disprespectful and incredibly ignorant then welcome to the world of reality and its people and the people who cause it to be like that, people like you!

And if i did wanted to flame, then you would know. Cause i can get pretty nasty and violent.

You cant expect a person who is dealing with complete idiots who dont understand and rebel or ask the most stupid things over and over again.

and there, i trashed this topic for you.

and i dotn dam care if you read this or not, other people "WILL"

VG, close it please.

Level 25
Look, we're an agressive site. Yes, I would say that to your face. We get SO EFFING MANY people running in going "LOLOL Y ARENT TEH SKINZ WORKIN?!?!?!11!!!./1/1/1" a week that we just gave up with civilry ages ago

Patience is great, until it runs out

Status
Not open for further replies.