• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Invisibility at night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I don't really know were to post this but i need help with something.

A unit has the ability Permanent Invisibility and only allow it to work at night, i just can't figure out how.

some one help me please

Level 9
Rather a simple question. Simple, remove the ability Permanent Invisibility and then add a ability of a Night Elf move "Shadow Meld" (can be found on the Night Elf Units section of the Object Editor in Abilities).

Secondly, I think you mean: "The unit has the ability Permanent Invisibility but I can't figure out how to only work at night". It was relatively confusing, but it makes sense otherwise ;) .

Level 12
what about this

If it is night (check in event for game time), then pick all units you need and give them invisibility and when it is day, remove ability.

But this is oftopic theme, you know

Level 6
Rather a simple question. Simple, remove the ability Permanent Invisibility and then add a ability of a Night Elf move "Shadow Meld" (can be found on the Night Elf Units section of the Object Editor in Abilities).

Secondly, I think you mean: "The unit has the ability Permanent Invisibility but I can't figure out how to only work at night". It was relatively confusing, but it makes sense otherwise ;) .

yes thats what i want, only to work at night :confused: just can't figure it out

Level 9
yes thats what i want, only to work at night :confused: just can't figure it out
Is it just that ability. I can't really find much, just a ability with not as much properties. I can only think of using Shadow Meld but probably you could elaborate a little bit more?

Level 6
Is it just that ability. I can't really find much, just a ability with not as much properties. I can only think of using Shadow Meld but probably you could elaborate a little bit more?

know any way, you can make shadow meld not get removed when a unit walks until morning?

Level 9
know any way, you can make shadow meld not get removed when a unit walks until morning?

That is rather simple, couldn't you make two GUI triggers with one showing the ability in day while when reaching dusk the ability closes (one if you want to merge it together with JASS). I have a sample (very basic one), you can take a look if you wish if you seem to have difficulty with it ;) ; just take look with it attached.

Attachments

• Shadowmeld Sample.w3x
    16.7 KB · Views: 61
Level 6
That is rather simple, couldn't you make two GUI triggers with one showing the ability in day while when reaching dusk the ability closes (one if you want to merge it together with JASS). I have a sample (very basic one), you can take a look if you wish if you seem to have difficulty with it ;) ; just take look with it attached.

thank you ^^

and by any chance do you know how i can make this not take over hero's that some one just picked. Xc

Events
Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Casting unit)) Equal to Wisp
(Ability being cast) Equal to Select Hero
Actions
Hero - Set (Target unit of ability being cast) Hero-level to 2, Show level-up graphics
Unit - Change ownership of (Target unit of ability being cast) to (Owner of (Casting unit)) and Change color
Selection - Select (Target unit of ability being cast) for (Owner of (Casting unit))
Quest - Display to (All players) the Warning message: ((Name of (Owner of (Casting unit))) + (cc_gold + ( has chosen + (cc_endtag + (Name of (Target unit of ability being cast))))))
Unit - Kill (Casting unit)

every thing works fine with it, it just if some one else picks a hero, some one else can pick that hero and take it over..

Level 9
thank you ^^

and by any chance do you know how i can make this not take over hero's that some one just picked. Xc

Events
Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Casting unit)) Equal to Wisp
(Ability being cast) Equal to Select Hero
Actions
Hero - Set (Target unit of ability being cast) Hero-level to 2, Show level-up graphics
Unit - Change ownership of (Target unit of ability being cast) to (Owner of (Casting unit)) and Change color
Selection - Select (Target unit of ability being cast) for (Owner of (Casting unit))
Quest - Display to (All players) the Warning message: ((Name of (Owner of (Casting unit))) + (cc_gold + ( has chosen + (cc_endtag + (Name of (Target unit of ability being cast))))))
Unit - Kill (Casting unit)

every thing works fine with it, it just if some one else picks a hero, some one else can pick that hero and take it over..
Yes, your welcome (no return required). However, could you explain your next question more clearly. Some of your sentences don't seem to clarify enough? I'm glad to help, but could you make the sentence easier to read with?

Level 6
Yes, your welcome (no return required). However, could you explain your next question more clearly. Some of your sentences don't seem to clarify enough? I'm glad to help, but could you make the sentence easier to read with?

okay, say some one uses the ability and get the hero then some one else uses the ability to choose on their hero, how would i make it so it doesn't work if a ally owns the hero?

Status
Not open for further replies.