1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Introduction

Discussion in 'The Cave - RPG' started by Glorn2, Sep 9, 2019 at 11:51 PM.

1. Glorn2

Glorn2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The Cave - RPG
    By Glorn

TL;DR: A MASSIVE classic WC3 style, progression based RPG where heroes evolve as they level, loot is randomly generated, thereare plenty of quests, lots of content, and dungeon mechanics; all while your kingdom is under siege, and you are on a quest to figure out why!

Heroes:
    Starting off basic, and with few skills, you select from Melee, Ranged, and Caster. As your hero levels, you are able to select from an A or B path for your hero. As you level your newer heroes, they are also given A or B paths; which allow you to play additional roles. Players are able to purchase and allocated additional stat points and skill levels. In the end, there are/will be 7 tiers of hero, and 5 final forms for each class, with 10 abilities each. Heroes will cap at level 45-50.

Items:
    Items are linked to specific slots, and each item type has a single specific stat (Heavy leggings have armor, light leggings have speed). All other stats are randomly rolled; and the number of stat rolls is based on rarity. There are 6 rarity tiers; with the highest tier removing the primary item buff and replacing it with a unique mod, such as life steal, increased buff duration, ect.

The World:
    The primary hub is a castle, which is periodically attacked by evil monsters from a nearby cave. The world spirals outward from there in a series of regions. there are over 50 regions total. The entire game is scaled to 1/5 the standard size; so it is like playing on a 1200X1200 map. Content per level grows more dense with progression. The game is designed around exploration, and there is little hand holding when it comes to finding optional things. Dungeons are intended to be team events, but scale with player count, so can be solo’d, or attempted by groups of any size.

Quests:
    This goes with regions, but there are a lot of quests. Some are filler, some are optional, and some are a lot of fun and share stories of the various characters you will meet. By simply following all of the quests, you should be able progress without too much grinding. The quest density after early game is 3-4 quests per level.

End Game (Not yet complete)
    Despite the massive amount of content that is required to reach end game; the end of the game is still far from the end. Once beaten, players are able to attempt heroic dungeons, partake in giant world raids, compete in a hero survival style of monster invasion; and complete additional “Repeatable/Generated” quests. Just because the story has ended, doesn’t mean the quality of loot has!

Discord
    You can stay up-to-date on the discord: https:/discord.gg/c9yzK34

Final Version Info
    The game is yet unfinished, despite having a lot of content. I am currently working on the final patch; which more more than double the gameplay time, and quintuple the end game content. There will be a complete bank wipe that comes with it; due to some structural issues that need to be addressed. April/May is my rough timeframe for that; with additional end game content being released afterwards.

Some Fan-Made Videos

Closed Beta Testing

Warden class and later gameplay

2. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You might want to ask the multimedia managers to put this as an update on the homepage like they did for previous hosted projects, otherwise no-one will know, since the ScII section is hidden away. Though I suspect hype for anything non-wc3 on hive will be limited due to Reforged coming out soon.

3. Glorn2

Glorn2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, Ralle was gonna put it up when I'm ready. I'm out of town for work, and doing this from my phone. I have more assets at home I want to include before it is announced. Thanks for the concern though.

On the topic of reforged, I agree. But the arcade is free (I should include that somewhere). So there is no loss in playing this. Everyone who has played the wc3 RPGs says that mine has the same feel. I've tried hard to emulate it.