• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Impossible challenge protected

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Map name : Impossible challenges
Actual version : 0.5 Beta. (v1.0 is the version without any bug and with most content wanted and balanced.)
Number of players : 8 is the best, but the map is also done for 4 players in another mode.
NOTE : The "mini map" picture is not shown when you use the map in game... I didnt though it would be showned in hiveworkshop xD It feel noob.

Concept :
If you know impossible bosses, i took some ideas from this map. Here is the idea : With a team of 8 (or 4) players, you have to complete a series of minigame in different sort of game (reflex, maze, teamplay, or whatever).

If you fail a minigame, you loose one continue and you have to replay it till you complete it. You begin with 6 continues (at this moment).
When you complete a game, you gain points depending on how well you completed it (number of player alive, time, cooldown used). These points give you bonus continue when you have enough, and also will be used for final ranking.

Minigames are HARD, and it's the point of the game : Challenges. You will probably retry everygame (but the first) between 2 and 6 times before enough players do their job well (once more, i'm talking about pub game, with my clan we managed to clear the game (but not the first time)).

At this moment, the game isn't ready at all, some games may bug, some are probably too hard, might lag and so on. And there aren't enough game yet.
In more, land is only "functionnaly", meaning it's prety ugly. (I will add screenshoot later).

Here are description of the 7 minigames that are in game at this moment (it's not a lot, but it should already give you some challenge).
I will add other game later, when they will all work properly (not the case at this moment).

(SPOILER)
First game, Circles challenge :

-The land is in 16 area delimited by circle of powers.
-You have one unit with two ability : a divine shield which last 7 seconds and a sprint ability which increase speed for 7 seconds (only usable once each).
-Circles are changing of color every 7 seconds, if you aren't invulnerable when circles change of color, you die.
-Brown circles kill you if you walk in, dark circles are blank.
-There are one circle of each player color with an item in, you have to get the item in your circle to become invulnerable till the next color change.
-After a certain number of change of color (6 to 8 depending of different factors), if any player is alive, the game is completed.
Comment : Most of time completed after 2 or 3 try.

Second game : Kael's challenge.
Every player got a caster with 4 spells, and they have to defeat Kael.
Kael is casting spell (shown as floating texts), players have to counter them and organize on when and what spell to counter, but also to use their power and to run around if they are targeted by Kael.
Kael is killed by autoattack, so you just have to survive.

Players powers (20 seconds cooldown each).
-Counterspell : Counter the spell Kael is actually casting
-Chainlightning : Does some damage on kael, and kill summoned units.
-Heal wave : You see the idea.
-Avoid : Turn invulnerable to everything for 1.5 seconds. Usefull to avoid spells which arent counter, as "stomp" "instant kill" and "chainlightning". (10 seconds cooldown).

Kael's powers :
-Chainlightning : Does high damage on various players. Could be avoided by using avoid.
-Stomp : Stun every players and does some damages. Could be avoided (and should, instead of counter it) by using D.
-Summon trents : Summon 8 trents, which does high damage. If the spell isn't countered, treats have to be chainlightning asap.
-Instant kill : A player is randomly instant kill. He may avoid it by using D, but you cannot know which player is targeted :p (i may add an effect to show who is targeted, but then the spell will be weak as hell).
-Heal : Kael heals himself for an huge amount of life. Should be countered at all cost.
Auto attack of Kael does high damage, but can be avoided by moving.
Once kael dies, the game is completed.
Comment : Once everybody understand the boss, he isn't too hard to kill. 2 or 3 triy should be enough.

Third game : Archer's challenge.
You got an archer with these powers :
Shoot arrow : Does 1 damage on a lane. 3 seconds cooldown.
Avoid : Turn invulnerable for 1.5 seconds. 25 seconds cooldown.
Sprint : Increase speed for a while. 25 seconds cooldown.
Blink : 25 seconds cooldown.
Reincarnate once.

You are in an arena, and orcs are appearing from all around the arena. They kill you with any attack, so you have to dodge and kite them.
First orcs have 1 life, then 2 (but a little slower), then 4 (but really slower), then a boss appear with 40 life, a quite good movement speed, and launching shockwave to players. He is killable only if players play well, and if enough are still alive.
Once the boss dies, the game is completed.
Comment : Prety troublesome if your team is noob or if there are leavers.

Fourth game : Dodge.
You have to dodge various attack. At this moment, it may cause lag/or spike, but it's not always the case.
You have one avoid and one sprint ability (and one blink in 4 players mode).
Comment : Really hard. You need a serious team to do it.

Fifth game : color's game.
NOTE : this game actually doesnt always work as suposed.
You haven't units.
There is a circle of power which change color, and every 10 seconds, a wave of units appear.
You have to select THE unit of the good color, indicated by the circle of power, before any unit reach the down of your screen.
It's really hard because there are a lot of units, some colors are hard to see (light blue and grey, orange and yellow, green and teal or whatever..) and units are fast.
You loose if you missclick or aren't fast enough. You have to complete 11-12 waves.
Comment : Bug often at this moment.

Sixth game : Maze
You have to complete a maze, while a meatwagon is slowly getting land on you.
The maze is really hard, you cannot expect more than 2 players out of 8 clears it the first time.
Once you reached the end, it's not over ! You have to break the final gate, before the meat wagon reach you.
That's why you have to be fast enough, and enough player, to complete the game ! Around 3 players with an average time to reach the door is needed.

Seventh game : Collect coin.
In a labyrinth, you have to collect coins and avoid ennemies than are moving random. They kill you if they walk on you.
15 coins to collect, prety hard.
May bug too.
Comment : Wasn't able to reach it enough to test it xD

Update : V.05 :
Corrected various bugs, changed some balance, explanations, leak and so on...
Added a screen to "hide" the terran.

Warning :
-Game has bugs. I think i corrected most, but there are still a lot. That's why it's a beta, right ? :p
-Game feel probably messy. Land is functional but ugly, no doodad, explanations are fast, transitions are not great...
-Else, i think 6 first game work enough to have fun and to have a challenge with friend.
-Game is team oriented, not public game. That doesnt mean you shouldnt play as pub, it means you shouldn't cry if you have trouble.
-Didnt test enough to know if minigames are too hard or too easy. I would say that 5th game is too easy and 6th too hard, but not sure.

Command :
There are cheat commands, as it's a beta. You may use it or not, as you feel. Just think that if you clear the game by cheating, you may have not do it by playing fair.
"-ve" : Pass the game in 4 players mode. This one isn't a cheat
"-bonus" : Add 2 continues.
"-jeu 5" load the 2nd game
"-jeu 6" load the 3rd game
"-jeu 2" load the 4th game
"-jeu 32" load the 5th game
"-jeu 33" load the 6th game
"-jeu 34" load the last game

Would like to have player opinions on the map concept, on mini games concept, on difficulty, bugs and so on.
If you have ideas for other minigame, it's welcomed too :p

Thank you.

Keywords:
Mini-game, Challenge, escape, reflex, team, hard.
Contents

Impossible challenge protected (Map)

Reviews
21:55, 1st Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 14
Well looks interesting, i shall test it.
Ok.
-No description in the map, only ''Sans description''.
-Some typos
-The minigames were kinda fun.
-Give us better terrain.
-It's beta D:.
Well, it's not ready for approval, but it has potential, 2/5.

Level 5
seems unfinished.
I will not download it because its protected and the minimap shows, that there is missing alot.
Well, it's a beta, so right, it's unfinished.
Now i need player opinions, that's why i host it.

Well looks interesting, i shall test it.
Ok.
-No description in the map, only ''Sans description''.
-Some typos
-The minigames were kinda fun.
-Give us better terrain.
-It's beta D:.
Well, it's not ready for approval, but it has potential, 2/5.
That's the way i see the map at this moment.

I would like to have a fast opinon of every minigame please, like if it's too hard or too easy, if you have idea to improve it or whatever.
Same thing for typo, i think i cannot find it alone (because i'm not good enough in english i supose).

Level 9
I think you better write the info the the task in the map rather then here, it's too much for a description of a map, I didn't read it all. The idea sounds nice, too bad I can't host, I woulda tested it.