• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need help with edits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I have really been trying to make triggers to work but I just keep hitting a wall with making them even when I follow step by step. So can someone please help me by making a map that has these things in it so I have them for maps I would like to make?

1. endless gold mine
2. endless tree (without having to have a wisp)
3. Creep respawn
4. A building that slowly gives gold and lumber once built from a mini item
5. A building that will auto spawn units next to it
6. away for levers to activate stuff.

If you need me to I can go into more detail about each thing I just can't seem to make these things.

Level 6

Thank you but my trouble is not finding a guide but finding the codes and them making that code work. Every time I put it in then go to test the thing kills it's self or the game crashes. so if a guide says "Put in code when destroyed" I can never find it but if I somehow find it I somehow do it wrong.

Level 6
most of the links contain posted triggers. you need to be more specific about your problems then. show what you tried so people can help you.

how do I do that? I know how I can tell but not how i can show

Level 13
Go into your trigger window, right click on the trigger name and select copy as text. should look something like this:

Melee Initialization
Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions
Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
Melee Game - Give trained Heroes a Scroll of Town Portal (for all players)
Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)
Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)
Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players)
Melee Game - Enforce victory/defeat conditions (for all players)

then you put [Trigger*] in front of it and [*/Trigger] at the end (without the * )

then it looks like this:

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Give trained Heroes a Scroll of Town Portal (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players)
      • Melee Game - Enforce victory/defeat conditions (for all players)
if you are using any other language than English you may want to translate relevant parts.
then it's easy to help. another way is to just upload the entire map.

Level 6
Go into your trigger window, right click on the trigger name and select copy as text. should look something like this:

Melee Initialization
Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions
Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
Melee Game - Give trained Heroes a Scroll of Town Portal (for all players)
Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)
Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)
Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players)
Melee Game - Enforce victory/defeat conditions (for all players)

then you put [Trigger*] in front of it and [*/Trigger] at the end (without the * )

then it looks like this:

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Give trained Heroes a Scroll of Town Portal (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players)
      • Melee Game - Enforce victory/defeat conditions (for all players)
if you are using any other language than English you may want to translate relevant parts.
then it's easy to help. another way is to just upload the entire map.

Ok here maybe showing you my problem like this will help

Untitled.png

As you see it makes a loop. I try to click the gold mine it opens unit value opens interger witch opens handle witch opens interger witch opens unit and it keeps going.

Level 6
Ok I must be using a different editor to everyone else or something. I don't have time to sit for hours to be told 30 different ways to code it with it ultimately never working because I did it wrong or people are using some kind of code trigger that is just not there in mine. I all ready get no sleep as it is having to raise a kid on my own so can someone just point me to a map that has these things in it so I can just copy paste the trigger script please? I am slowly starting to just give up ever caring to even play the normal game now.

Level 13
ok, so you are using the latest wc3 patch (1.28 sth) with the standard world editor right?

now from your picture. i'm guessing the part shown in the "trigger comment" is what you are trying to create?
when you use a "Pick every unit" action, then you also have to select "Picked unit" for it. in your case, when you click on "gold mine" open the "function" dropdown menu and scroll until you find "picked unit", should be fairly at the top of the selection.
BTW if you want this trigger to run more than once, you have to select the event Time -> Periodic event

now for the custom script, this is not necessary for the functionality of the trigger but helps avoid lag later on in the game. for that just select the custom script action and put the text you have by hand.

Level 6
ok, so you are using the latest wc3 patch (1.28 sth) with the standard world editor right?

now from your picture. i'm guessing the part shown in the "trigger comment" is what you are trying to create?
when you use a "Pick every unit" action, then you also have to select "Picked unit" for it. in your case, when you click on "gold mine" open the "function" dropdown menu and scroll until you find "picked unit", should be fairly at the top of the selection.
BTW if you want this trigger to run more than once, you have to select the event Time -> Periodic event

now for the custom script, this is not necessary for the functionality of the trigger but helps avoid lag later on in the game. for that just select the custom script action and put the text you have by hand.

yes and I will do that another time but thank you. I just can't spend a lot of time trying to make these. I have to raise a kid by myself and work. I am not going to quit the game but in less I find a map or away to download the triggers all ready made I just have to quit trying to make the map for a white.

Status
Not open for further replies.