• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hunters vs Farmers 1.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, after a long time i released another version of this map, last version was released 1 year ago.
Official Website: www.hunters-vs-farmers.pt.vu

There was some maps using my map concept (i played all of them, they look good too ), one of them was MY map (hacked) with modified terrain and a lot of new units ( no balance ), thing that i hate is map stealers :evil:

Talking about my map, here's it's features, along with some screenshots:

Game Concept:
- There are 2 teams: Hunters and Farmers.
- Hunters are much stronger than Farmers.

Win Conditions:
- Farmers: Kill all Hunters before the timer ends.
- Hunters: Survive untill the timer ends.
- Timer has 45 minutes.

Farmers:
- Farmers must buy an empire of Sheep / Pig farms and create a big enough army able to kill Hunters.
- Protect your base with Walls and defensive Towers and make sure that your farmer don't get killed or you loose all your units.

Hunters:
- Each Hunter has 3 abilities: The Eye ( immovable ward used to scout ), Slam ( slams the ground slowing movement and attack rate of enemy units ) and Sentinel ( summons an Owl to a tree providing vision of surround area )
- Hunters can use Shaman vendor ( sells various items like Heal Spray, Mana Potion and Regeneration Wand ) and Hunter's Shop ( hirable special units, each one of them has a specific function like destroying trees, scouting, slowing enemies or siege attack )

Farmer's Buildings:
- Sheep Farm ( provides one Sheep every 60 seconds; each sheep gives 2 gold on each 30 seconds )
- Pig Farm ( provides one Pig every 60 seconds; each pig gives 4 gold on each 30 seconds )
- Stone Wall ( basic wall )
- Reinforced Wall ( advanced wall )
- Archer Tower
- Cannon Tower
- Wizard Tower ( slows your enemies )
- Sentinel Tower ( detects invisible units )
- Tavern ( sells various items and units )
- Storage Farm ( increases food cap by 50, max is 200 )

Hunter's Buildings:
- Poison Tower ( low damage, slow poison )
- Shadow's Nest ( provides shadow scouts )
- Kaboom Hut ( provides Bombermans and Explosive Traps )
- Cheese Factory ( one chees on each 4 seconds )

Improvements since last version:
- Limited total number of sheeps / pigs ( after 30 min of game lag was soooo high. )
- I think the game is balanced now. ( only did 5 tests, looks fine now )
- Implemented a way to get wood ( cheese now ) faster: cheese factory.
- Special Effects. ( gore, glow units, explosions, etc )
- Sell building button.
- Farmer's Items.
- Walls stronger.
- Redone most of triggers to improve game speed.
- Graphical / Sound changes. ( minor changes like icons, icon positions, sounds, etc )
- etc

Screenshots

Eagle Eye view:
WC3ScrnShot_102204_160106_02.jpg

Comment this map, post bugs, suggestions and the most important thing: balance, if the map seems unbalanced to you please post here the reason why it is unbalanced, i tried to make the two teams fair but it's too hard to keep everything balanced ;)

Edit: New version is coming, no ETA but it will have a lot of inovations, new items, buildings, etc.

Old version topic: http://www.wc3campaigns.com/showthread.php?t=28116

DOWNLOAD: http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Maps&ID=2272

Level 9
i love this map, when players are experienced, it's alot of fun to play.

Only con about it is when you're farmer, and die, and don't have any gold, you're kind of screwed, you'll have to wait over 5 minutes to even build a standard farm.
So i'd like to see a trigger giving you cash when you have 0 sheep and pigs.

Further, great map, i recommend it.

Level 2
Thks :D

Some people complain about how easily Hunters die since they cant afford Health Spray cause it's cost, i need more feedback about it's price since i can't make it too cheap or Hunters would be invincible :?

I'll think about your suggestion, maybe something like extra gold in the first 5 minutes but i'll think about this later :wink:

Level 2
I got some ideas, give me some feedback: :)
- New type of wall: Gate Wall (temporary name), allows you to open/close the wall allowing you to walk on it.
- Anti Team Kill system, i was thinking im something like DotA, need suggestions.
- Automatic Load-Unit ability on farms (loads X sheeps/pigs inside farm).
- 1 or 2 new Towers, need suggestions on this one.
- Minor changes on terrain.
- New farmers ability or item: Tree Seed (temporary name) ability, allows farmers to create a single tree, no idea how i'll do this one and still undecided if i'll add it, still thinking on it.

Bugs fixed:
- Tavern is fixed, Hunters could buy items and train/cancel units on enemies taverns.
- Timer fixed, game ended at 9 minutes if im not wrong.

I'm out of ideas for Hunters, accepting suggestions :wink: .

Level 2
Map developing is going fine, i just added some sweet new command button and ability icons, will post screenshots later :)

- Trying to implement an alchemy system (mix 2+ reagents, get X potion) for hunters.
- Grow Tree spell is almost done.
- Gate walls done.
- Anti team kill done.
- Terrain is better
- New icons

Hum, i really need suggestions for Hunters :wink:

Level 2
New screenshots, please comment the multiboard the new command icons:

WC3ScrnShot_111204_225045_01.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_111204_225143_3.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_111204_225203_03.jpg

Note: peon icon is temporary

- Tree Seed spell/item for Farmers is done, it grows a tree anywhere, thinking on a way to prevent abuse, you can block the river paths with this spell.
- Made a spell for Hunters that destroy trees on a small area (1, 2 trees), has a long cooldown, duration is 4 seconds and wastes a lot of mana.
- New ability for Hunters: Bandages, apply bandages on yourself, long cooldown, heals 200hp, duration 4 seconds (so not a good idea to use it while fighting).
- New ability for Sheep / Pig farms: Load - loads a sheep/pin, max cargo on each farm is 8.
- Changed names of Hunters to correct Orc names :lol: .

I'll post pictures of the gate wall and some other things tomorrow and i really need some feedback about this map, check my sign, download the old version and try this map :)

Status
Not open for further replies.