• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make buildings exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey was wondering if anyone could help me with making 2 different buildings exclusive?

My idea is to allow a player to choose one of six unit producing buildings each tier and to lock out the others each tier till they choose their third building and to lock out the last 3.

Im inexperienced with triggers but figured that would be where to set it up, the lock out should happen as soon as the building is selected to be built to prevent getting 2 buildings out.

Level 6
You need to use this action:
  • Player - Limit training of Your Building to 0 for Player (Red)
When you set the number to "0" you will make your building unbuildable, if you then want to unlock it again you can set the number to "-1" to make your building be able to be built without limitations.

As for the trigger event you could use this:
  • Unit - A unit is issued an order targeting a point
with a condition to make the trigger select not every order that you order but only the build order of a specific building:
  • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(<insert your building name here>))
I didn't test it still, but I think it should work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.