• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make a Hero use an Ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How do I make a Hero use an Ability? I've looked through all the trigger actions but can't find anything like that. I only found "Unit use Item on Unit" and put the ability on the item but it didn't work so the only thing I found was making a unit use an animation and damage a region and put an effect on it. Please help.

Level 12
It is under "Unit - Issue Immediate Order" (and the various other order commands). You have to choose the ability that matches the base ability that you put on your hero. As an example, if you make your own custom warstomp ability (but let's say it is called "Ice Blast" and uses a buff that shows the enemies in ice), it will still be the War Stomp order. It should look something like this in the drop down: "Orc - Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp".

Hope that helps.

Level 11
Use "Unit - Issue targeting an object (point or no target, depending of the type of the spell)"
If you want to use a custom ability, ou won't find it there by it's name, you will have to use the ability of the order ID of your custom spell (open your spell in object editor and check what's it's order ID e.g. 'acidbomb' - Order unit1 to Acid bomb unit2, that will fire your custom spell if the hero has no other spell with the same ID, else, it will fire both)

edit: SAUS was faster than me :D

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Note that using them via the base Order ID in triggers is easy, but if u create two abilities based of the same watcraft spell and give both to the same hero / unit, when one is cast, both of them will be cast.

Like ice blast and fire blast are made by editing the warstomp spell and are given to a grunt. When the grunt casts iceblast, fire blast will also be cast if he has both the spells as their ID is same. :as:

Status
Not open for further replies.