• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to craete an ice you canno't swith the facing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
make it untargetable by adding locust ability under "units".

make it a doodad so that it cant be moved.

make it owned by neutrals and invulnerable so it wont take damage.

make it not to flee.

make it a building.

pause the unit via a trigger and never unpause it (not recomended).

what exactly do you want?

any of the options above is useful for what you need

Level 7
I have one simple idea right now.

• FixFacing
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Make (your unit) face (Facing of (your unit)) over 1.00 seconds
This way the unit wont have time to change its facing angle before it's ordered to face the same angle again.

Thanks for helping, but i tried that but it won't work! :bored: But, thanks very much for helping, keep up great work! :thumbs_up:

Level 13
Mh I think you mean that the unit is sliding on the ice?

Try this:

• Slide
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • ("Unit is sliding") Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Change ownership of ("Sliding Unit") to Neutral Passive and Retain color
      • Unit - Move ("Sliding Unit") instantly to ((Position of ("Sliding Unit")) offset by 5.00 towards (Facing of ("Sliding Unit")) degrees), facing (Facing of ("Sliding Unit")) degrees

Level 7
Mh I think you mean that the unit is sliding on the ice?

Try this:

• Slide
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • ("Unit is sliding") Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Change ownership of ("Sliding Unit") to Neutral Passive and Retain color
      • Unit - Move ("Sliding Unit") instantly to ((Position of ("Sliding Unit")) offset by 5.00 towards (Facing of ("Sliding Unit")) degrees), facing (Facing of ("Sliding Unit")) degrees

Thanks for helping, but can you tell me how to change the unit back to owner, i don't know, because if you try to change the unit back to owner after example 0.05 seconds, it won't change back to real owner... :wink:

Level 13
You create a variable (player) and when the unit enters the ice set this variable the owner of the unit. When the unit stops sliding (I only now polar escape where you must slide from 1 green spot to another one) change the owner to the player saved in the variable

Level 11
making the unit's animation speed = 0?

EDIT: nop... it doesnt work :p

cinematic disable player control for X player?

try adding locust to it.
Or... why dont you just pause the unit???.

did you read any of the things i wrote?.

Status
Not open for further replies.