• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can you extract .blp in-game icons and convert them to .JPGs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
This probably belongs somewhere else but I feel much more at home in this forum for some reason XD

Pretty much what the name of the topic says, how can I take a bunch of icons (probably from the .mpq file if I understand how anything works at all), and convert them into 64 * 64 JPG icons with superior quality (I tried taking screenshots, but the quality was horrible and it took too long).

Level 40
I personally use magos's model editor; it's far more all-around useful. It can read MPQs, view models and skins, save in tons of different texture formats (if you need to use any more, you can always convert to TGA or something and then load it in Photoshop, etc), can edit parts of models, and even has some extra junk like a Loading Screen Creator and a Color Generator.

Status
Not open for further replies.