• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hero Glow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Would someone mind attaching a hero glow to the Naga Royal Guard model? Thanks, and +rep for the help:grin:

Level 7
....all that I need is for someone to attach the hero glow to the naga royal guard model....it isn't that hard. Honestly, I put it in the request forum because I need it done a certain way...

Level 19
Think Dan got the best option here already.
The hero glow model. Make a passive ability and add that to the special effect and voila. Will only show hero glow ingame ofc, but in the editor himself.

Level 7
Listen to them ^^

It's the best and easiest option. You can attach the glow anywhere you want.

Level 22
sigh... yes it will be teamcolored
Go to abilities
create a custom ability based on the Item ability "Item Armor bonus +1"
On the Art - Target slot, put in your hero glow model.
right below that, on the next slot, Target Attchment point, add the string "origin" without the quotation marks.
remove the armor bonus on the ability.
lastly, untick the "Item ability" box.

then just add the ability to your hero and the glow will shop up.

Level 19
Sometimes it doesnt work on teamcolour but you just have to make a little trigger ingame:

Change colour of unit to colour of the player that's owning him.

So it would "change" the colour from red to red or something, but that affects the glow. However else it will stay red even for blue units.

Level 7
The previously mentioned technique does not function correctly... is it really this hard to attach the fing hero glow via modeling....jesus!

Level 7
The attachment method is better because you won't waste big filesize.

I've uploaded a testmap that uses this technique, so you're free to copy/mimic/use/whatever from it.

Testing now...this seems promising...:grin:
WTF...it still doesn't work!

Attachments

• South American OutbreakV7.w3x
    3.2 MB · Views: 44
Level 7
Okay....now it is working....but only for every unit other than the naga royal guard. The royal guard has a skin...but it also works for my tribesman unit, which has a skin aswell...I'm going to reboot the editor, maybe it will work then....:grin:

OKAY.... this works on everything that is NOT a hero..... or maybe it only works when it is in a unit form... (is a hero ability- false)

Attachments

• South American OutbreakV7.w3x
    3.2 MB · Views: 56
Level 2
Okay....now it is working....but only for every unit other than the naga royal guard. The royal guard has a skin...but it also works for my tribesman unit, which has a skin aswell...I'm going to reboot the editor, maybe it will work then....:grin:

OKAY.... this works on everything that is NOT a hero..... or maybe it only works when it is in a unit form... (is a hero ability- false)

Make it a Unit form ability and make it the active ability. It should work then.

Level 7
This is so ridiculous....why won't it work???

Would someone mind looking into my map? The unit which I wish to have the hero glow is listed under:
Undead
Custom
Heros
Ga'Tunar Lord of the Sea

Thanks.....I hope this can work out.

(The map is posted at the bottom of page 1)

dont set the hero glow in the learned abilities slot, put it in the default abilities. then he'll have it.

Ghost765 has told the solution.

The reason you couldn't get the glow work on the hero is that you used a modified Hero ability, not a modified Normal ability.

You must apply the modified Normal ability to the Hero unit like in this picture.

attachment.php

Attachments

• lookhere.png
    lookhere.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 174
Level 7
ghost765 has told the solution.

The reason you couldn't get the glow work on the hero is that you used a modified hero ability, not a modified normal ability.

You must apply the modified normal ability to the hero unit like in this picture.

attachment.php

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.