• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Help with my triggers please?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Ok, I am having some problems with my triggers, and because I am still somewhat of a noob to triggers... I need to ask for your help.

This trigger works fine, does what it is supposed to do and everything:

• Add Mangekyo Sharingan
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Ordered unit)) Equal to Uchiha Itachi (25%)
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(immolation))
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Mangekyou Sharingan (Slow Effect) to (Ordered unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Mangekyou Sharingan (Slow Effect) for (Ordered unit) to (Level of Mangekyou Sharingan for (Ordered unit))
      • Unit - Add S DUMMY 1 to (Ordered unit)
      • Trigger - Turn on Remove Mangekyo Sharingan <gen>
  • Remove Mangekyo Sharingan
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(unimmolation))
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Mangekyou Sharingan (Slow Effect) from (Ordered unit)
      • Unit - Remove S DUMMY 1 from (Ordered unit)
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
As I said.... it all works fine... the thing is, when mana reaches 0 I can't figure out a Multiplayer Freindly way to remove the abilities that I added to him with the triggers.

Any suggestions?

Also I need help with this too:

• Kyubi
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to One Tailed Kyubi Mode
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Deactivate One Tailed Kyubi Mode
    • Actions
      • Set Hp_Drain_2[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] = (Casting unit)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Percentage life of (Triggering unit)) Less than or equal to 25.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Modify Strength of (Triggering unit): Set to ((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Exclude bonuses)) x 2)
          • Hero - Modify Agility of (Triggering unit): Set to ((Agility of (Triggering unit) (Exclude bonuses)) x 2)
          • Hero - Modify Intelligence of (Triggering unit): Set to ((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Exclude bonuses)) x 2)
          • Unit - Add Deactivate One Tailed Kyubi Mode to (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Add Akai Chakra (chakra regeneration0 to (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Add Kyubi Chakra Attack to (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Remove One Tailed Kyubi Mode from (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Set the custom value of Hp_Drain_2[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] to 1
          • Unit - Create 1 Kyuibi Giver for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of Hp_Drain_2[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
          • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Shaman - Bloodlust Hp_Drain_2[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
          • Set Level_Integer[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Hero level of (Triggering unit))
          • Skip remaining actions
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Modify Strength of (Triggering unit): Set to ((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Exclude bonuses)) / 2)
          • Hero - Modify Agility of (Triggering unit): Set to ((Agility of (Triggering unit) (Exclude bonuses)) / 2)
          • Hero - Modify Intelligence of (Triggering unit): Set to ((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Exclude bonuses)) / 2)
          • Unit - Remove Deactivate One Tailed Kyubi Mode from (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Add One Tailed Kyubi Mode to (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Remove Akai Chakra (chakra regeneration0 from (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Remove Kyubi Chakra Attack from (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Set the custom value of Hp_Drain_2[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] to 0
          • Unit - Remove Kyuibi Chakra buff from (Triggering unit)
          • Skip remaining actions
        • Else - Actions
That bit all works fine, its Vegeta_SS's transform trigger... but the problem comes when the unit dies.... this is what I use to set everything back to normal:

• Remove Kyubi on Death
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has buff Kyuibi Chakra ) Equal to True
          • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Uzimaki Naruto (25%)
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Modify Strength of (Triggering unit): Set to ((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Exclude bonuses)) / 2)
          • Hero - Modify Agility of (Triggering unit): Set to ((Agility of (Triggering unit) (Exclude bonuses)) / 2)
          • Hero - Modify Intelligence of (Triggering unit): Set to ((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Exclude bonuses)) / 2)
          • Unit - Set the custom value of Hp_Drain_2[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] to 0
          • Skip remaining actions
        • Else - Actions
I recently just realised that you cant detect buffs on a dying unit, but it's there just to stop the bug... and that bug is, when ever the unit dies (even when he is not in Kyubi mode) his stats get halved.... which is, in short, bad.... very bad.... Sooo.... any ideas on how to fix this?

Maybe I remove it upon reviving?

Last edited:
Level 5
I didn't know where to post it, so I posted it into the Spells section.... but I guess it could go here too..... Im probably gonna get flamed for this though... lol... I already have -1Rep

Ok, I am having some problems with my triggers, and because I am still somewhat of a noob to triggers... I need to ask for your help.

• Add Mangekyo Sharingan
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Mangekyou Sharingan (Slow Effect) to (Ordered unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Mangekyou Sharingan (Slow Effect) for (Ordered unit) to (Level of Mangekyou Sharingan for (Ordered unit))
      • Unit - Add S DUMMY 1 to (Ordered unit)
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Mangekyou Sharingan (Slow Effect) from (Ordered unit)
      • Unit - Remove S DUMMY 1 from (Ordered unit)
As I said.... it all works fine... the thing is, when mana reaches 0 I can't figure out a Multiplayer Freindly way to remove the abilities that I added to him with the triggers.

Any suggestions?

• Kyubi
    • Events
    • Conditions
        • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Modify Strength of (Triggering unit): Set to ((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Exclude bonuses)) x 2)
          • Hero - Modify Agility of (Triggering unit): Set to ((Agility of (Triggering unit) (Exclude bonuses)) x 2)
          • Hero - Modify Intelligence of (Triggering unit): Set to ((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Exclude bonuses)) x 2)
          • Unit - Set the custom value of Hp_Drain_2[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] to 1
          • Unit - Create 1 Kyuibi Giver for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of Hp_Drain_2[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Shaman - Bloodlust Hp_Drain_2[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
          • Set Level_Integer[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Hero level of (Triggering unit))
          • Skip remaining actions
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Skip remaining actions
        • Else - Actions
That bit all works fine, its Vegeta_SS's transform trigger... but the problem comes when the unit dies.... this is what I use to set everything back to normal:

• Remove Kyubi on Death
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Skip remaining actions
        • Else - Actions
I recently just realised that you cant detect buffs on a dying unit, but it's there just to stop the bug... and that bug is, when ever the unit dies (even when he is not in Kyubi mode) his stats get halved.... which is, in short, bad.... very bad.... Sooo.... any ideas on how to fix this?

Level 7
  • Remove Kyubi on Death
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Skip remaining actions
        • Else - Actions

You have to put a condition to identify if the level of the Kyuubi thing is greater than level 0 of the hero..

(Level of (Kyuubi Transformation) of (Triggering Unit)) Greater than 0..

Level 3

• Add Mangekyo Sharingan
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • Set [B]UchihaItachi = (Triggering unit) //This is a unit Variable btw[/B]
  • Unit - Add Mangekyou Sharingan (Slow Effect) to ([B]UchihaItachi[/B])
  • Unit - Set level of Mangekyou Sharingan (Slow Effect) for ([B]UchihaItachi[/B]) to (Level of Mangekyou Sharingan for ([B]UchihaItachi[/B]))
  • Unit - Add S DUMMY 1 to ([B]UchihaItachi[/B])
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • Unit - Remove Mangekyou Sharingan (Slow Effect) from ([B]UchihaItachi[/B])
  • Unit - Remove S DUMMY 1 from ([B]UchihaItachi[/B])

Any suggestions?
You could probably just add a unit variable and that would solve your problem, unless you want it to be MUI? I don't know how to do that, but i'm pretty sure it revolves around local variables and JASS.

• Kyubi
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • If - Conditions
  • Then - Actions
  • Set [B]KyubiModeActivated = 1 //This is a integer Variable[/B]
  • Skip remaining actions
  • Else - Actions
  • If - Conditions
  • [B]KyubiModeActivated = 1 //dunno if this is valid[/B]
  • Then - Actions
  • Set[B] KyubiModeActivated = 0[/B]
  • Skip remaining actions
  • Else - Actions

• Remove Kyubi on Death
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit Dies
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • If - Conditions
  • [B]KyubiModeActivated = 1[/B]
  • Then - Actions
  • Set[B] KyubiModeActivated = 0[/B]
  • Skip remaining actions
  • Else - Actions
Create a variable that checks if he's in Kyubi mode, and set it when he casts the spell, then do this trigger IF the variable is set, then set it to 0. I'm pretty sure that would work.

I added in Bold/Bold+Underline

Last edited:
Level 5
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

By MUI, you mean more than one of the same unit on the map using it at once?

If thats what MUI is than it doesnt need to be because Im gonna make it so there can only be one of each unit on a map.

Level 4
in response to your first question, here's how i fixed the same problem i had:

in a separate trigger, perhaps detecting when Itachi learns the spell, add the
  • Trigger - Add to Remove Mangekyou Sharingan the event Unit - Triggering unit's mana becomes less than or equal to 0
so far it seems to be working fine for me, hasnt bugged on me yet.

a dumb way i would use to fix your 2nd problem would be just to check a boolean to see if kyuubi has expired yet when your unit dies. If your transformation isnt made to be dispellable, it should work....(set boolean to true when naruto activates spell, false when spell ends, etc.)

theres a proper way to do it though with buff detection on death...i dont remember much of it... remember reading it somewhere :confused: has something to do with damage detection and buff checking + lethal dmg check. dont remember how to make that work though =/

Level 3
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

By MUI, you mean more than one of the same unit on the map using it at once?

If thats what MUI is than it doesnt need to be because Im gonna make it so there can only be one of each unit on a map.
Yup, that's what it is.
Like I said, for the mana, just set a variable and set it so that once "UchihaItachi" Mana = 0, then stop the trigger.:thumbs_up:

Level 5
how to do that?

the only event I can find for mana dosent use variables. . . so Im guessing that I edit one of my existing triggers?

*edit: nvm. . . i figured it out.

*edit2: nope. . . that dont work. . . help?

Last edited:
Level 5
... in 'Event', 'Unit', the event reads something like 'A units life reaches X' .... ok... so I change the X to a 0... but for the unit, it wont let me pick the triggering unit or a Variable... im using WEU, the selections are 2 obsolete ones and then stuff like 'Unit next to Loc' .... which I really dont have a clue about... I can't just pick triggering unit....

Last edited:
Level 3
how to do that?

the only event I can find for mana dosent use variables. . . so Im guessing that I edit one of my existing triggers?

*edit: nvm. . . i figured it out.

*edit2: nope. . . that dont work. . . help?
Ok well i'll see what I can come up with.
Do you want that when the character's mana is 0, that stops the effect, right?
  • Mangekyo Sharingan Mana
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • If - Conditions
  • (Mana of ItachiUchiha) Less than or equal to 0.00 //This is a REAL comparison in the "Conditions".
  • (Remove Mangekyo Sharingan <gen> is on) Equal to True
  • Then - Actions
  • Unit - Remove Mangekyou Sharingan (Slow Effect) from (ItachiUchiha)
  • Unit - Remove S DUMMY 1 from (ItachiUchiha)
  • Trigger - Turn off Remove Mangekyo Sharingan <gen>
  • Trigger - Turn off Mangekyo Sharingan Mana <gen>
  • Else - Actions
And this trigger is kinda screwed up because of the spacing in between.

Ok, on your "Remove Mangekyo Sharingan" trigger, put
  • Trigger - Turn on Mangekyo Sharingan Mana <gen>
Then it should work fine.

Level 3
... in 'Event', 'Unit', the event reads something like 'A units life reaches X' .... ok... so I change the X to a 0... but for the unit, it wont let me pick the triggering unit or a Variable... im using WEU, the selections are 2 obsolete ones and then stuff like 'Unit next to Loc' .... which I really dont have a clue about... I can't just pick triggering unit....
You can't do that. You can't select a variable or "triggering unit" because it's an Event, which is what makes the "unit" the "TRIGGERING unit".
Just do "A units life reaches 1"
then in the conditions
Unit
"(Triggering unit) Equal to (Variable ItachiUchiha)" or whichever.
Also, I would suggest NOT using WEU, but you can't help it now, you've already started your map in it.

Level 5
Thanks again, I'll go try it now. . .

Cormag. . . Im still having problems with it. . . if I post up the map up can ya take a look for me?

Uses WEU though. . . I might re-make it in standard WE, no one seems to like WEU. . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
:sad: nono you misunderstood me. The thing i put is an action. You dynamically add an event to a trigger. The normal event one has to be based on an actual unit on the map currently. But with this, you add the event pointing to this unit when it does exist. The action is under triggers - add action to trigger.

i use WEU =/ i do kinda regret it cuz it makes the map messy with a whole bunch of functions and globals you dont use, but i live with it. besides, apparently Vex's optimizer cuts the file size back down:confused: (it says i have 3mb of imports, but my map size is 2.3mb, negating the ~500kb added from WEU plus cleaning up a lot of my codes and other stuff! :thumbs_up: it's so awesome! but im off-topic now :bored: .....)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I merged the 2 chains together to stop confusion.
Double posts in this thread are part of the merge, and thus ignored.
So do not complain about the double posts since they are a side effect of having 2 chains combine into one.

Please do not submit 2 threads of the same question. . .

Level 3
Thanks again, I'll go try it now. . .

Cormag. . . Im still having problems with it. . . if I post up the map up can ya take a look for me?

Uses WEU though. . . I might re-make it in standard WE, no one seems to like WEU. . .
WEU is fine, but it ends up using alot of messy functions that can screw up maps, big time. My map got corrupted from WEU and I didn't know what the risks were when I imported it into WEU, then added advanced functions.. :thumbs_down:
And yeah, I'll look at your map. Either attach it here, or PM it to me, either one is fine.

Level 5
I merged the 2 chains together to stop confusion.
Double posts in this thread are part of the merge, and thus ignored.
So do not complain about the double posts since they are a side effect of having 2 chains combine into one.

Please do not submit 2 threads of the same question. . .

-Sorry about that... like I said I didn't know where to put it because it could go under either of the headings.... Thanks for cleaning it up anyway.

I have attached my map to this post... sorry if it's messy.... or just crap... lol.

Attachments

• Naruto Skills.w3x
    2.4 MB · Views: 76
Level 3
-Sorry about that... like I said I didn't know where to put it because it could go under either of the headings.... Thanks for cleaning it up anyway.

I have attached my map to this post... sorry if it's messy.... or just crap... lol.
Hm, well I fixed the mana off one. Is that all you need? I'll check out some other things.. Does the dying one work?
EDIT: It crashed on me so I had to redo it, but here we go. Now it should work.

And I can't wait to see when it's done, It looks pretty sweet :thumbs_up:
EDIT2: Don't ask me why it's 0.01 less in file size, I have no idea lol.

Attachments

• Naruto Skills.w3x
    2.4 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Level 5
ROFL!

You shrunk my map?!

Lol.

Thanks a bunch for your help. . . if I need more in the future mind if I PM ya?

Oh, the trigger that removes Mangekyo on death works fine. . . the one that sets Narutos stats back to normal when in Kyubi mode dosent work though. . .

*edit: its not working?! He still has the slow aura and the dumy ability (gives him the perceptions) after his mana hits 0. . .

Level 3
ROFL!

You shrunk my map?!

Lol.

Thanks a bunch for your help. . . if I need more in the future mind if I PM ya?

Oh, the trigger that removes Mangekyo on death works fine. . . the one that sets Narutos stats back to normal when in Kyubi mode dosent work though. . .

*edit: its not working?! He still has the slow aura and the dumy ability (gives him the perceptions) after his mana hits 0. . .
Ok, hm. Well I'll see what I can do now..
Oh, Dur, I forgot to set the variable to the unit.. lol.
And about the Kyubi mode, it sets the stats back to normal when I deactivate it, it also doesn't halve the stats when you die normally. I'm about to fix the thing when it dies now.

Level 3
The reason that kyubi dosent mess up stats on death is because I put a condition in the remove kyubi on death trigger cheking if Naruto has the buff. . . if you remove that condition then it messes up.
Oh, okay. So what exactly else do you want me to fix?

Anyways, I attached the file with the Mangekyo fixed.
I tested it and it works.

Attachments

• Naruto Skills.w3x
    2.4 MB · Views: 58
Level 5
cool, thanks again.

When Naruto dies while in Kyubi mode, he revives with it still active, can ya fix this for me? Its probably easy but I suck, lol.

If you remove the condition that checks for the buff when Naruto dies then every time he dies his stats halve. . . but kyubi deactivates. . .

Thanks again for all your help!

Level 5
Hmmm. . . are you sure its working?

I just now tested it and it still dosent work. . . Itachi still has the slow aura and the perceptions. . .

can someone else DL it and check?

type -itachi and learn his skill, when his mana hits 0 check his 'copied jutsu' spell book and see if there is any thing in there.

*edit: it uses WEU

Thanks.

Last edited:
Level 3
I still need help with this so. . .

BUMP
I'm sorry, I don't have the time to fix it right now, I just got a job and other things and.. yeah. It's been hectic and I haven't turned my computer on for days. Sorry, once I get the time, I'll fix it :thumbs_up:

Level 5
The problems still the same as it is on the 1st page. . . none of Cormags fixes worked for me. . . and the first map attachment by me is the one you wanna DL if ya wanna take a look. . .

I used WEU though. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.