• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Icons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi all! I'm working on a Campaign based on the High Elves and I need someone to recolor (or teach me how to do it :)) some icons. I need the following icons in blue.

Thanks community!

List: Blood Elf Lieuntenant.jpg Spellbreaker rEDÇ.jpg Ballista.jpg Spell Steal.gif Control Magic.png

Level 8
Well I had a go at them all but the Ballista; it's quite detailed compared to the others so I'll get back to that a little later. I gave the last two different background colours since blue-on-blue came out pretty bland (technically blue-on-purple for the Spell Steal icon but it still looked overly blue).

I can't really teach you how but I can briefly explain what I did; there's not much to it anyway. I'm not sure if you know how Photoshop or Gimp work but I duplicated the icons and added an alpha channel to the one on top. I then deleted the red areas, or any others that I needed to, so that they reveal the icon underneath. From there, I just changed the overall colour of the bottom icon to blue in this case, fixed up the rough edges and exported the image.

Otherwise, you're probably better off looking up some online tutorial on either of those programs. :D

Attachments

• BTNBloodElfLieutenantBlue.jpg
    BTNBloodElfLieutenantBlue.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 38
  • BTNControlMagicBlue.JPG
    BTNControlMagicBlue.JPG
    3.2 KB · Views: 35
  • BTNSpellBreakerBlue.JPG
    BTNSpellBreakerBlue.JPG
    3.1 KB · Views: 42
  • BTNSpellStealBlueOn.JPG
    BTNSpellStealBlueOn.JPG
    3.6 KB · Views: 55
Level 4
You don't know how much I appretiate what you have done, many thanks! The icons look AWESOME!!!

Level 4
WOW! Thanks a lot Eagle XI! Both of you! This icons will be very useful, you have my thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.