• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[HELP] Multiboard Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Well... I'm using a multiboard, there're: Icons, Name and Kills. It works fine, but i just wondering how to change icon when player reach one number of kill (just like modern warfare ranking). Help plz. Do i have to create for each player a trigger? then, each change icon a trigger? (I'm working that way @@)

• Trigger
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit dies
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set Kills[Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))] = (Kills[Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))] + 1)
    • If (All conditions are true) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Kills[Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))]) Equal to X
      • Then - Actions
        • Multiboard - Set the icon for (Multiboard) item in column 1, row ((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)) + 1) to UI\Feedback\Resources\ResourceGold.blp
      • Else - Actions
Well, I guess your second row belongs to Player 1 (Red).
Anyway, change the "row" to the value your multiboard has.

Kills[] is an integer variable, with array ticked.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/variables-5896/

Well, you can do this:
  • Trigger1
  • Events
    • Map Initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set Icons[1] = Path1.blp
    • Set Icons[2] = Path2.blp
    • Set Icons[3] = Path3.blp
Icons[] is a String variable, with array.
  • Trigger
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit dies
  • Conditions
  • Actions
      • If - Conditions
        • (Kills[Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))]) Equal to X
      • Then - Actions
        • Set Kills[Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))] = 0
        • Set Integer[Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)) = (Integer[Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))] + 1)
        • Multiboard - Set the icon for (Multiboard) item in column 1, row ((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)) + 1) to Icons[Integer[Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))]]
      • Else - Actions
        • Set Kills[Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))] = (Kills[Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))] + 1)
There is a possibility that your paths will need two "\" instead of one, e.g. Units\\Druid\\Druid.blp. Check it.

Level 9
The Kill Count works until the day killing unit reach that kill. It don't even change the icon :(

My triggers:

• Set Icon Variables
  • Events:
    • Map initialization
  • Actions:
    • Set Icons[1] = BTNclass_3.blp
    • Set Icons[2] = BTNclass_4.blp
    • Set Icons[3] = BTNclass_5.blp
And Kill Update:
  • Kill Update:
  • Actions:
    • If (All Conditions are True)... blah blah
      • If - Conditions
        • Kill[(Player number of Owner of Killing unit)] Equal to 5
      • Then - Actions
        • Set Integer[Player number of Owner of Killing unit = Integer[Player number of Owner of Killing unit)] +1
        • Multiboard - Set the text for Last created multiboard item in column 1 row Player number of Owner of killing unit +1 to Icons ... just like yours
      • Else - Actions
        • Set Kill[Player number of owner of killing unit = Kill[Player number of Owner of killing unit] +1
        • Multiboard - Set the text for Last Created multiboard item in column 3 row Player number of Owner of Killing unit +1 to String(Kill(Player number of Owner of Killing unit)))
Sorry for my lazy

Last created multiboard: When you create the multiboard of yours, store it into a variable and change this last created multiboard with the variable.
Finally, since you want the kills displayed, you use two variables, Kills1[] and Kills2[]. The first one will be displayed and the second will become 0, when it reaches 5:
  • Trigger
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit dies
  • Conditions
  • Actions
      • If - Conditions
        • (Kills2[Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))]) Equal to 5
      • Then - Actions
        • Set Kills2[Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))] = 0
        • Set Integer[Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)) = (Integer[Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))] + 1)
        • Multiboard - Set the icon for (Multiboard) item in column 1, row ((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)) + 1) to Icons[Integer[Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))]]
      • Else - Actions
        • Set Kills1[Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))] = (Kills1[Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))] + 1)
        • Set Kills2[Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))] = (Kills2[Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))] + 1)
        • Multiboard - Set the text for (Multiboard) item in column 3, row ((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)) + 1) to String(Kills1[Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))])

Status
Not open for further replies.