• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gungan Fambaa shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
...guys remember Star Wars episode1? ...the Phantom Menace.... well, remember the Gungan's shield that protected them from AAT bombardment?
It was a type of kinetic shield made of the Gungan hydrostatic technology. Well I may need that in the near future...
I basically need the effect of of the energy going from whatever (in this case the shield generator on the back of the fambaa) to a dome of energy-shielding... not a unit but a part of the entire effect... the effect of the shield... :D
the energy beams go up and begin to form a sort of watery looking blanket, this descends until it reaches the floor forming a bubble...

here are pictures:
Droids lined up to attack gungans
AAT bombarding shield
detail of shield resisting missiles
initializing the shield

as you can see, the effect needs to look like a bubble on the ground... but I don't need it to be extremely detailed so I'm looking for low file size, high quality, and most of all, a large gungan shielding effect.
I hope to incorporate this effect into an ability... hopefully having a sort of "slow effect" lasting 3 sec. on incoming units, blocking missle attacks from outside, and making units within this shield impervious to damage from outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.