• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Got a little mistake made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've made a map, but it says map data is invalid, once i try to open it with the WE enchancer it syas its protected, even tought i NEVER have protected this map! What the hell am i suposed to do, it also has a BAK file. Maybe i've protected map by mistake or something, i tried using the BAK file but its also fhkin protected .... Can anyone help me?

Level 2
wow i no how you feel...ive protected a fewmaps frommyself on accident also...i never found a way of recovring them. i usally make a back up beforei change anything and save it to a jump drive. that way if a model currpots the map or i accidnely protect it from me on accidnet i still have a recent copy of it

Level 2
Yeh, it blows... But i've spend too much time on it to just restart, anyone know how to recover a map that has the problem that i have? Its not even protected its corrupted or something =((( The map was 20% done so i had no reason to protect it, btw it was a real good map too. RPG map.

It says this once i try to open it with World Editor "Unable to load file 'C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps\LineageII.w3x' - Level info missing or invalid."

Does anyone know how to make level info valid?

:Edit

Uhh guys, i just figured out i cant even open it in WC3 eather, is there any way to recover map if WC3 doesnt even play it?

Status
Not open for further replies.