• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaining Exp Within A Certain Range of a Dying Enemy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
How can I make it so that a hero within a certain range of a dying creep gains exp from it (when not having killed it). Much like what happens in DoTA where all allies near enemy creeps as they die gain exp.

Is there some easy way to do this or does it require some triggers? Thanks for any help! :)

Level 4
Hmmm...that's what I thought it was, but it wasn't working properly for me. What about creeps that are killed from towers and not other heroes?

Level 17
Nope, you are supposed to get XP from the death of every hostile unit around your hero in a certain radius. It doesn't matter if it was killed by towers or other heroes.
By default, I think, you don't gain XP from destroyed building, but you can check a field in the gameplay constants so your hero will gain xp from destroying buildings as well.
If you have a problem with not getting xp from your allies' kills then make an empty map, place some creeps for neutral hostile, some units for player 2, make it your ally, place a hero for yourself and towers and whatever and see what happens.

Level 4
Ahh thanks, I found it. In Gameplay Constants, the very top one is "Build Kills Grant XP". I thought before that meant that when you destroy a building, you gain XP for it....but now I understand that it means that when a BUILDING kills something, THEN you get exp for it :) The exp is working now.

Level 6
You mean like this?

• EXP range
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile
      • ((Region centered at (Position of (Dying unit)) with size (200.00, 200.00)) contains (Ally of Killing Unit )) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Hero - Add 250 experience to (Killing unit), Show level-up graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.