• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forest of Sorrows v1.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: T. D. W.
Forest of Sorrows
Created by UndeadImmortal

Map Info

Main Goldmines: 4
Expansion Goldmines: N/A
Green Creep Camps: 4
Yellow Creep Camps: 8
Red Creep Camps: 4
Goblin Laboratories: N/A
Taverns: N/A
Fountain of Healths: 2
Fountain of Mana: 2
Goblin Merchants: N/A
Marketplaces: N/A
Waygates: 4

Media
ForestOfSorrowsOverview.jpg

Change Log

Uploaded to hive.

Author's notes
Feedbacks are always welcome!

P.S: I got the name from my friend.

Keywords:
Forest, Of, Sorrows, Sorrow, Forest of Sorrows, UndeadImmortal, The_Optimizer
Contents

Forest of Sorrows v1.0 (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Jun-13 (17:01:38) Critical Errors: -> Your Map has low quality terrain. Useful Links: -> You can use Map Development Section for testing and improving your maps. -> The...

M

Moderator: -Kobas-
Date: 24-Jun-13 (17:01:38)

Critical Errors:
-> Your Map has low quality terrain.
Useful Links:
-> You can use Map Development Section for testing and improving your maps.
-> The Important Site Tutorials.
-> If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here:Map Resource Moderation.
Personal Comment:
-> No single expansion gold mine is main reason here.
Just trees blocking path between players is another big mistake.

Map Status: Rejected

(1/5) Unacceptable

Level 30
Hey there, played your map and looks good but you have some minor problems to handle here that I did notice while playing. Here is my review:

Good Points:

Bad Points:

Suggestions:

• Terrain looks really good but only my concern is its flatness. If you will notice, there are no raised areas. And another one, you should add some lively units there such as birdds, animals and such. These is the only problem and other looks good in the terrain.
  • Creeps are quite balance as far as I can see.
  • Bases are too near at eeach other. A Night Elf enemy of mine even builded at a part of my territory. Happened once but you should do something about that.
  • Creeps are also near bases, I accidentally provoked the orange camps into my base and there. SCREWED!
  • Why is there no shop. Not needed much but I actually prefered one. I might be getting bias but it should have a shop.
  • Some minor terrain improvements here
  • Make creeps a little farther at the bases and make sure they wont be provoked when an action is done.
  • Add some shops.

Overall, good melee map with very good terrain though little flaws but some problems have been spotted as I stated above the Points. Rated 3/5 and +4 REP!