• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

FOR ALL NOOB PEOPLE WHO WANT TO KNOW HOW TO SLIDE ( no lag )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I hate it to read it again and again how to make a slide.

What you need:
Temp_point_unit ( array player numbers )
Temp_point_slide ( array player numbers )
Slide_unit ( array player numbers ( Must set in earlier game )

1st trigger

Slide
Event:Every 0,03 seconds of the game
conditions : /
Action:
For each integer A from 1 to 10 do
Set Temp_point_Unit[For Loop Integer A] = Position of SlideUnit[Integer A]
If TerrainType at position of Temp_point_Unit[For Loop Integer A] equal to Northrend Ice
then do
Set Temp_point_Slide[For Loop Integer A] = Position of SlideUnit[Integer A] with offset 3 and facing Facing(SlideUnit[IntegerA])degrees
Move SlideUnit[Integer A] to Temp_point_Slide[Integer A]
Custom script : call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_point_Unit[GetIntegerA())]
Custom script : call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_point_Slide[GetIntegerA())]

this works fine without any lagg

2nd Trigger

Make unit face point ( needed for slide )

Normally you can't move the unit when its sliding. But you can do it with another trigger

Make unit face degrees

Event:A unit gets an on a point order ( or something like this )
Conditions: Ordered order equal to (move)
Set Temp_Point_Order = Point of Issued Order
If Triggering unit equal to SlideUnit[Playernumber of(Owner of(Triggering unit))] equal to true
Terrain type at position of SlideUnit[Playernumber of(Owner of(triggering unit))] equal to Northrend - ice
Make unit face Temp_Point_Order in 0,1 seconds ( Or your delay )
Custom Script:Call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point_Order[GetConvertedPlayerID(GetUnit( TriggeringUnit())]

That was it....... :wink:

Level 3
u don't understand me... the point is 0.1 delay is instant... nobody needs instand turnings! u need to make them natural... if u do delay 5 second then u always turn for the same time for 5 seconds... if u do 180 degrees ur turning rate will be 3x faster then if u do 45%

so i made own trigger.. but its still is bugged and needs fixing but its based on ordering unit to move to point with offset of 1 facing angle between position of triggering unit and target point of issued order both in varibales saved while order is given... it has some glitches but its natural... an your kind... well it says in WE that making unit facing angle only works with standing units, so u need to put "stop" command before it probably...

Level 3
Event:
..Every 0.3 sec of the game
Conditions:
Actions:
..Pick every in units owned by player 1 (red)
....If then else
......If terrain type at position of picked unit equals to ice
......Then do:
........If then else
..........If disstance between points "Position1Red" and "Position2Red" greater then 100
..........Then do:
............Set Position1Red to position of picked unit
..........Else do: do nothing
........Move picked unit instantly to position of picked unit offset by 12 towards facing of picked unit
........Make unit face angle between "Position1Red" and Position2Red over 0.3 seconds
......Else do: do nothing

Events:
..Unit issued order targetig point
Conditions:
Actions:
..If then else:
....If conditions:
......Owner of Ordered unit =player1(red)
....Then do:
......Set Position1Red = Position of ordered unit
......Set Position2Red = Target point of issued order
....Else do:
......Do nothing.

Heres trigger which works better then both my old and yours :)

Level 8
You really don't understand what I mean

Pick every in units owned by player 1 (red)

Thats laggy point nr 1, because the unitgroup will not be deleted in the game cache = Lagg

Move picked unit instantly to position of picked unit offset by 12 towards facing of picked unit <<< Position of unit???? YEAH this is really laggy and the lagg point nr 2 in slide maps.

I see you have no notion from what you are writing.
Please let ME make slide triggers in the future. I am currently at the 2nd slidemap WITHOUT any lagg.

Level 3
well if i had to chose between working badly trigger and laggy trigger i'd chose laggy one

and only thing about sliding that causes lags = event but its impossible to fix...
every else lags are 2 low to count...

point is, ur wasting too much time for lag removeing and too little for quality...

Level 3
well :) your trigger is hard because its all in custom sctipt .. the sliding is actually always easy... hard is turning :/... try to set delay to 4 seconds... for slower turning... it will work really bad... it would be nice to place WEU function into trigger... instead of delay time "angle difference berween "angle between points"position1red" and "Position2red"" and facing of picked unit" / 10(turning cooficient, bigger it is, faster turning...)

with this instead of normal delay time turnig will be going onthe same speed always :)

Status
Not open for further replies.