• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Flintlock Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Alright, so i need a simple attachment model.

A Flint-Lock Rifle gun attachment.

If your not sure what that is, ill provide a picture.

Thanks in advanced.

Attachments

• Flintlock Rifle.jpg
    Flintlock Rifle.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 271
Level 13
I can get ya a flintlock rifle. It may have some anims and such though. Im about to test it in-game and make some final adjustments. Assuming there is no server downtime I should have it posted in the next 10 min.

Edit: I cant remove the anims for some reason and the wc3campaigns server is down so I cant download the tools I need to remove them. Perhaps someone else can remove the anims for you. If you dont remove the anims nothing bad will happen. The only downside is that the model will be 100kb which is way too much. Anyway, it uses in-game textures and it works ingame. Like I said, the animations are the only problem.

Attachments

• Rifle2.mdx
    99.6 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Level 13
Ok all done. Im sure the filesize will be much more favorable now (28kb as opposed to 100). Only thing I couldnt remove was the camra. I dont know of a tool to remove it. Other than that its fine. :smile:
Im going to test it in game real quick just to be sure there arent any bugs. I think I may have moved the model up on accident so it may not be a good attachment. If I did Ill fix it.

Attachments

• Flintlock Rifle.jpg
    Flintlock Rifle.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 172
  • Rifle Fin.mdx
    26.8 KB · Views: 86

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Don't forget to submit it to the resource section as a nice attachment.

Level 13
Perhaps you could take a look at it Pyritie? Im still a n00b at modeling (lol). Im pretty sure all the textures exist but I did remove some geo's when I extracted it from its original model. *shrugs* I dont know whats wrong with it. I tried to fix it for about an hour. How would I fix it if its referencing a Nonexistant geoset? And what about if its using textures it doesnt need anymore?

Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Will do, Only thing is I think the file is corrupted somehow... It works in the viewer but everytime I load it in the WE it crashes...

Might want to take a look at your thread before posting as well, Arab. That's what he's trying to fix.

Level 13
I cant seem to figure it out. Im still kinda new to modeling. Perhaps chriz or someone else who is experienced in modeling can help. Im not exactly sure how to check for Incorrect references to geos and textures.

Edit: Ok, I've removed some of the old textures and Im still working on fixing up the model. I think the error is that there is an "expected bone". Although, im not entirely sure how to fix that. I just wanted you to know im still working on it.

Edit: Alright, I removed the camra and the bones from the original model. It should work now but Im going to test it before I upload it.

Edit: Still doesnt work. Im not exactly sure what could be causing it. Perhaps one of the more experienced modelers could take a look. I'll keep fooling around with it. Its down to 3.2kb now. Wow, I've really learned alot from just this simple request. I only hope I can get it to work.

Edit: Success! It works now :smile: Sorry about the wait, I'm still new to modeling. Hope ya like it

Attachments

• Rifle Fixed.mdx
    3.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.