• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

First Skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im having some skinning troubles and I need some help.. This is what I have so far.. What can I do to improve?

LordaeronGeneral-WIP.jpg

The picture came out a little bigger than I had expected... But at least you can see the unwrapped skin better now. =\

Last edited:
Level 45
I have some image steps of chainmail, no text, although it doesnt link like chain mail and looks like circular scales, im sure it will give off a better result than archians example.
Basicly, its a follow on from my scale mail, so you should pick it up easy, just remember to add highlights (near last step)
Remember to add the depth first, like the shading that makes it look like a leg area/cylinder or you are going to get something that looks like archians which is rather flat and unaligned.

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 221
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 206
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 212
  • b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 202
  • b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 195
  • b6.jpg
    b6.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 171
Level 14
When you start a texture make sure you have a predetermined theme and have an idea of what you want to do. And be creative. Do something that wildly changes the skin from what it previously was (I found that it helps to do so when first starting out since it makes you try new things). If you screw up, no biggy. Just learn from your mistakes for your next skin or you can just completely redo your skin if you have a mind to. Ask for help and look at tuts. Just dont overdo it on the tuts cause they only give you one way of doing something. Skinning isn't limmited to any one style.

Status
Not open for further replies.