• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Eversong

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Eversong
Created by Sick

Map Info
A ashenvale tileset melee map. It is a smaller size 1vs1 map. The main uniqueness is that the path to the main base is very easy to defend, however due to the tightness of this area it is also easy to get caged in your base, so a player must balance his safe economical play with his aggression if he does not want to get pinned in his base. Also the trees can be opened up by the natural expansion cutting the travel time between the main and the natural expansion in half. This can be used as an escape route if the enemy is using the concave of the ramp meeting the water to pin in your force, so it makes tech rush or 1 base pressure builds viable, and unexpected.
Features
  • 8 Green Creep Camps
  • 4 Yellow Creep Camps
  • 4 Red Creep Camps
  • 8 Gold Mines
  • 1 Tavern
  • 2 Goblin Shops
Screenshots and Videos

Screenshots
Overview.png

Using the warmil to limit pathing for the attacker a player can secure the trees to harvest to create the path to the natural, because it would be very hard to break with melee units as a grunt can fill the hole giving a wall where only a few units could attack at a time while the burrows could attack constantly.
image.png

If a player commits to high teir 1 unit pressure against this sort of opening, then the orc player is able to expand very quickly knowing that his opponents investment into an early game army were wasted and transition into higher tech units, or expand early like so.
image.png

Author's notes
Map Description template by RDCKraken

Keywords:
melee, sick, eversong
Contents

Eversong (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 07-Oct-13 (16:02:49)Critical Errors:Your Map has low quality terrain. Useful Links:The Important Site Rules. You can use Map Development Section for testing and improving your...

M

Moderator: -Kobas-
Date: 07-Oct-13 (16:02:49)
Critical Errors:
Your Map has low quality terrain.
Useful Links:
The Important Site Rules.
You can use Map Development Section for testing and improving your maps.
Need help with triggers/memory leaks? Make a thread in the Triggers & Scripts Section.
Got any World Editor related questions? Make a thread in the World Editor Help Zone Section
Got any Requests (Terrain, resources, spells, systems, loading screens...)? Make a thread in the Requests Section.
The Important Site Tutorials.
If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation.
Personal Comment:
Use Blizzard cliffs.
Map Status: Rejected
(1/5) Unacceptable

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Remixer's Quality Control
Terrain
Terrain has some lacks, the custom cliffs are unnecessary I think. In this map is only natural height hills and cliffs so why not to go with the original ones, afterall they work better. Also the pathing of the cliffs needs some fixing at some points you could walk a peasant trough a cliff and later build something there. Not good, fix it also there should not be any blinkable areas. The cliff passages are also very tiny at bases also the bases are very small and they lack strategic points, only a one very small passage to enter. However the map seems balanced to me. The terrain just seems plain and lacks some environment and tactical areas. The ground also lacks a lot of tile variations and height variations. It is not illegal to add height variations to water, you can raise it atleast if you do not want to make it unwalkable at some points.

Neutrals
Creep camps are balanced, however it is not needed to place creep camps at starting locations in 2 player maps. Also I do not think using item tables in such small maps is worth it. Also the dark troll camps has also very minor item drops, why is that? The map has frogs which is good. I would have gone with less gold mines and instead using more passages to enemies and like goblin laboratories instead of 4 extention gold mines with small passages to them, however if you like base defending 1 way, why not.

Summary
Overall the map is well balanced but lacking, the terrain needs more work and you must make bases larger. Height variations and tile variations are the key to beautiful terrain, use them. You should also fix the pathing of the cliffs. Also if I were you I would replace Ashenvale stone tile with Village Stone, it is a lot more beautiful in my eyes.

Scores:
Terrain: 1/5
Comment: Balanced but lacking with better tile variation and height tool you can a better score, changing lay out to more interesting one would make it even better.

Neutrals: 3/5
Comment: Balanced yet some camps has too weak item drops. Also neutral buildings could be better but it is totally up to the player what he wants.

Generally: 1/5
Comment: Generally map is lacking, you must improve the terrain and passage all over to make it better also remember to make bases larger.

Rating: 5/15 (Bronze)