• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

error with minimap preview Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Heres that the format is 128(and needs to be) < - TGA FORMAT
2417dcm.jpg

Heres the image that shows hows is named in import list:
wsmsue.jpg

Heres how it shows in game :
akixpj.jpg

PLEASE HELP MEEE !!!!!!!!!!:goblin_cry:

Level 28
Would you kindly send me the map and the image? You can attach them to your post if you'd like.
I've heard of people having problems with the preview image if you use the compress method (when saving as a .tga-file, you usually have a "Compress (RLE)" option, try turning that off).
Also, 256x256 images do work (file size is slightly larger of course).

Your method seems perfectly fine though. I just tested myself with a 128x128 image (and all possible option, 24-bit/32-bit/compressed/not compressed). All of them worked, so yours should work as well.
Would be nice if I could have a look, but just changing the size and/or compress method usually does the trick.

Level 28
I just imported the image in my map and didn't have any problems. Preview screen showed up nicely, so ruleofiron99 might be correct there.
It's in Scenario -> Map Options and then the first checkbox. (I thought it was disabled by default though, but I'm actually not completely sure about that).

Level 28
It's wc3MapPreview.tga or wc3MapPreview.blp :)
No, it's war3mapPreview.tga (or .blp). wc3mapPreview does not work.
It's been that way for as long as I can remember :p

Fasterdavid: can you attach the map as well so other people (such as myself) can try to import it? If it works, we can just send it back to you.
If you're worried about someone stealing anything, you can post it in a PM.
I really don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. I can use the image you sent as a preview screen.

No, it's war3mapPreview.tga (or .blp). wc3mapPreview does not work.
It's been that way for as long as I can remember :p

Fasterdavid: can you attach the map as well so other people (such as myself) can try to import it? If it works, we can just send it back to you.
If you're worried about someone stealing anything, you can post it in a PM.
I really don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. I can use the image you sent as a preview screen.
Yeah damn error :D

It's BIG M, war3MapPreview it will work trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.