• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Entered Chat String Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm a bit confused on the event function "Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing (message) as An exact match".

Heres the main issue, for the best players of my footmen war I password protect their hero, this way if someone picks it they can still use it if they wish. The problem is, I have to make a trigger for each player slot, plus a trigger that prevents them from picking a hero after using their password. Thus, I end up with 24 triggers for one hero. I've seen people use the mentioned event in masses, such as copying it and putting all 12 players in a single trigger. I'll put a gui example down since this might confuse some people.

• Legions Hero
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing (message) as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of Player 1 (Red)) + has unleashed the |CFF7FBFF1Holy Swordsman|r!)
          • Unit - Create 1 Holy Swordsman (5.0) for Player 1 (Red) at (Player 1 (Red) start location) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
          • Hero - Create Staff of Teleport and give it to (Last created unit)
          • Hero - Create Healing Wards and give it to (Last created unit)
          • Hero - Create Clan Soui Medallion and give it to (Last created unit)
          • Player - Add -10 to Player 1 (Red) Current gold
          • Unit - Remove Pick A Hero 0051 <gen> from the game
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
I wont do all 12 players since this gives the general idea. What I need to know is, if I list all 12 players like that in a single trigger, does it actually just work for the triggering player or will it end up requiring all listed players to enter the password? Sorry if this makes me seem like a noob or a royal pain in...well you get the idea, but I'd prefer to ask before I set things up and have to make a patch version when something doesnt work.

EDIT: I updated the post with a slightly altered copy of the Holy Swordsman trigger for red, this should give a better idea of where I stand in the confusion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.