• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Custom unit spawning problem. (Locust)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I have an ability that sometimes on hit spawns a unit. But this unit was permanent and I didn't want this, so I tried the ol' locust trick. And everything went fine, but when my "locust" casts my "spiritwolf" ability, the lightning appears but no units spawn. When I give the dummy ability to a different unit it does work. Please take a look and tell me if you know what the problem is or need further specifications. :ogre_hurrhurr:

Attachments

• trigger.PNG
    trigger.PNG
    12 KB · Views: 64
Level 5
I don't see any problems through that trigger.

yeah me neither... the animation of the spiritwolf starts but no unit spawns from it..

azzinothdummyab has 3 levels and is based on feral spirits and is casted by the locust btw

EDIT: I figured out you can just add expiration timers to trigger summoned units :eek:
Still don't know why that didn't work though

Last edited:
Level 14
I would say, it did not work because the unit did not have enough time to cast the ordered spell before it got removed. Other than that, you set the lvl of the ability after the casting action. I suggest to do it the other way around next time.

Level 17
because the unit did not have enough time to cast the ordered spell before it got removed
yep, you instantly kill the unit, and as soon as your dummy has a casting time, it wont work.
you can also give a unit an expiration timer, so you dont need to create a dummy which uses an ability. create a unit and add the expiration timer to it

Level 5
yep, you instantly kill the unit, and as soon as your dummy has a casting time, it wont work.
you can also give a unit an expiration timer, so you dont need to create a dummy which uses an ability. create a unit and add the expiration timer to it

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.