• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Spell Missile [Help]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi guys, I'm having trouble creating a custom spell, but I don't know where to start. I wanted the spell to have the following effect:
-That the caster unleashes a projectile in a straight line to a certain maximum range of that ability, and all units that collide with it receive a certain amount of fixed damage.
I even started to define my skills, but I don't know what to do after that.
  • Custom Spell Config
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Config --------
      • Set CP_Dummy = Unit_Dummy
      • Set CP_Range = 1000.00
      • Set CP_Speed = 1900.00
      • -------- Config Damge --------
      • Set CP_Damage[1] = 100.00
      • Set CP_Damage[2] = 200.00
      • Set CP_Damage[3] = 300.00

Level 3
I tried to test the map and start making my configuration, but I realized that I need Warcraft 3 Reforged WE and I'm using Warcraft 3 WE The Frozen Throne (Note: I have Warcraft 3 Reforged, but I like using it more WE of Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne, because I like to test the maps more often and it takes about 30 seconds to 1 minute on the WE of Reforged for the game to open the map and I also want to make my map available to players of The Frozen Throne too.)

Level 24
Mmmm, probably not if you are using a version before the special effect modifications were implemented, (I'm not what version that is.) because it uses special effects for missiles instead of individual units for each missile.

Instead of going through that nonsense let me find the map that inspired me, it uses a unit instead of special effects.

Edit:
Bingo, here it is, you may need to fix it as it is currently not MUI.
Magic Bolt | HIVE

Level 3
Got it, then I'll try to find a way to import a custom spell in the version above WE 1.26 to WE 1.26

Status
Not open for further replies.