• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Custom AI researching Upgrades that aren't in their Build Priorities' list

Level 1
Hello there!

The title pretty much sums it up. Here are more details that I can share:

• I'm using the AI editor;
  • I can tell the issue is with a specific AI, as I have 3 different functioning custom AIs, but only one of them seems to fall victim to this issue;
  • The upgrade in question is a custom upgrade, but both other custom AIs also have access to this upgrade, and never end up researching it, as intended;
  • I haven't stopped to analyze it thoroughly, but I haven't seen this upgrade being actually researched at all. I strongly believe it's being automatically granted to the faulty custom AI player(s) somehow (and multiple times too, as this upgrade has 10 levels, and I've seen it going up to at most lvl 4);
  • I'm pretty sure it isn't being granted through triggers, as although I haven't searched everything yet (this map I'm working on was an old unprotected map that I liked and wanted to improve upon to play with my gf in our spare time, I have no intentions of sharing my modified version of it), this is a new issue. A while ago this same AI didn't show this issue whatsoever. Only after I tinkered with its build priorities' list to try to optimise it that it started having this issue. And whenever I change the AIs around, only this specific AI falls victim to the issue, and every instance of it does. So if I fill the 5 available slots with this custom AI, all of them have this issue, whereas if I fill these slots only with the other 2 custom AIs and don't use the faulty one at all, none of the custom AI players show this issue (so definitely not Player related, but Custom AI related for sure);
  • My custom AIs are attached to the map, so I don't have to import the Object Data everytime I update it.

I probably have more info that might be important, but for now this is what comes to mind. If anyone knows anything about this issue, I'd love to discuss about it and try to come up with a solution (and maybe even find the culprit). I've been having occasional crashes, and this weird behavior smells like crashing material to me within my mediocre understanding of the AI editor, the World Editor in general, and my student experience as a C++ programmer.

Also, a huge thanks to this community! I've been lurking here for probably around 15 years or more (I started playing WC3 in 2003), and only now I decided to make my account. But I've downloaded tons of stuff here over this time.