• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating a Custom Loading Screen WITH ONLY 1 IMAGE

Level 2
Hmm... great tutorial, but when I tested my map, I just got a black screen. What am I doing wrong?

Level 1
problem with loading maybe?

I have been having problems using the WC3 Image Extractor II. I have no problems making the image 512x512 and .tda, but converting to .blp using the extractor OR the Blp&TgaConverter does not work for me. Is there a better program for the conversion?

p.s. thanks Daveman for the Map Preview tutorial. it was perfect.

Level 2
Hate to be a downer, but my picture came out like crap. It is hell of blurry and I tried it at both 75 and 100% to see if that was the problem, but isn't. The picture I used was the Illidan one from Blizzard.com, which everyone has seen. At this rate I'd much rather do it the hard way than this way seeing how having a normal loading screen is better than a blurry customized one.

EDIT: Another thought came to mind when I was searching for a Ladder game on B.net. The little eye that looks around was also looking like crap. So checking everything over again, I believe the picture's quality is because I set my video options all at their lowest, my apologies. This methood is indeed quick, easy, and great for the lazy (me!!).

Level 4
Downloaded a Jurassic park picture from the internet

Loaded it in photoshop and resized it to 512x512 and renamed it to a .tga file

I converted the file from .tga to .blp from my BLP Mac editor.

I downloaded both this LoadingScreen.mxd, and the one from the split 4 parts tutorial LoadingScreen.mxd,

I uploaded the LoadingScreen.mxd and the FullScreen.blp, Didn't work. Uploaded the other LoadingScreen.mxd and still no.

Possibly is it because the .blp file is called jplogo.blp and I change the filepath to FullScreen.blp? There is nothing else I can think of

Level 9
it wont be because of you changing the file name in the import manager its just like renaming it outside of WE try redoing the image and see what happens.

Level 9
hmmm yes i belive that it is the one off helper.net but if you notice in the url "http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/loadscreen.php" it seems to be hosed by the helper so they could have asked. and Daveman i have seen this on there for a long time so y are u taking credit for it?

Level 3
I have a problem using WcIII image extractor, I don't know if u can help me but I loose nothing trying to ask.

When I do try to open my picture(.jpg) in 512 x 512 (i changed it's size on the window powertool image resizer), I tryed to open with both image and Archive (mpq)
but it says to me :
Error while attempting to render
No image loaded for rendering

Please help
Thank you.

Level 4
I'm surprised not many of you know about how to do loading screens like that... :? I've known for a while... And I've done it for a long time too... I just thought since, (though it was stupid of me to assume) it was on a tutorial on a should-be well-known site, so a lot of people should've known about it...