• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Corrupted Map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I was working on a map with imported models on one computer, and when I was finished with it I transported it to a different one via Zip Drive. The problem is, when I opened the map on the new computer, about half of the imported models were unable to be loaded by the editor, and whenever I try to save the changes I make to the map, it gives me an error during the save process and the whole World Editor program closes out. Has any one else had this problem with maps before, and how can I get past something like this?

Level 9
Zip Drive doesnt usualy cause problems, but sometimes it doesnt copy the entire map. The models dont work because WC3WE looks for the models on the host computer. So you have to copy the models and place the in an identicle folder.

Try copying the map again, if it doesnt work, try transporting it via floppy-disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.