• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Command and Conquer Renegade Forces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
New Release

Command and Conquer Renegade Forces Is going to be a new and improved version of all the other renegade maps. So whats the "Big" Difference?

Right well CnC R.F has the same layout. Two different ends of the map both contain a base and Tiberium (The C&C Resource). The main objective is to destroy all the structures in your enemies base. BUT the "Big" Differences are:

- Save/ Load Feature for saving exp and Rank
- Character Selection, (the more exp you have the better characters you can get).
- Different abilities for every unit.
- Balance between Nod and GDI.
- Good Skins for GDI and Nod Troops.
- Tunnels to each base.
- And loads more (to be revealed nearer release).

So What the Heck is Renegade anyway?

Renegade is a small version of Command and Conquer That is loved by many but was never properly Released so here we are playing it on warcraft.

Save/Load... Why?

I have included a save/load function in this map because it will be based around complete balance. BUT if it was completely balanced then what would be the point no one would win... Sooo.. I have added in multiple different types of starting unit, They can be seen at the bottom of this post. So basically as you kill more stuff or complete objectives you will get experience. Once u have experience you can save it. Then if you got a certain amount of exp you would level up. (see Rank Boundaries below). For example: Experience: 350 is a GDI Contractor, Therefore If you then save. Whenever you reload the code you are given you will get the same exp and will become a GDI Contractor.

Why the Ranks then?

For every Rank there are different Bonus's unlocked. For example The GDI Contractor unlocks the Mercenary Hero to use as a hero, The Major unlocks the Mammoth Tank for purchase, and the General unlocks the Ion Cannon. So the higher level you are the better chances your team has at winning. Of course I have insured to make the bonus units stronger, however not completely uber so it is still possible for a team of noobs to win.

On Last Feature for the Ranking system is that the player with the highest Rank or exp will become the Commanding Officer. The commanding Officer will have the power to call air strikes and rebuild the base if a structure dies. No other player will be able to do that. However If all players have the same exp a random player will be selected.

GDI Ranks + Boundary's

0-50 => Recruit
51-100 => Private
101-200 => Officer
201-350 => GDI Contractor
351-500 => Corporal
501-800 => Special Ops
801-1000 => Commando
1001-1500 => Sergeant Major
1501-2000 => Major
2001-3000 => Brigadier General
3001-5000 => General
5000+ => Supreme Commander

-NOTE: NOD Ranks and boundaries will be shown closer to release.

Experience

Experience can be gained by the following method:

-Killing units,
-Destroying enemy units,
-Destroying enemy convoys and retrieving weapons,
-Completing side missions,
-Destroying Structures,
-Experience is gained 1 every 45 seconds,
-Capturing Command points at the start of the game.

Command Points

Command Points are places that can be captured at the beginning of the game to achieve a tactical advantage, The advantage being that the NPC's will spawn units at that position and auto attack. The Command Points cannot be recaptured so it is best to run for them at the start.

What Do I want (Why have I posted this in the recourse section).

I need models for 12 Units and some help with ideas for abilities (The list Of Unit Classes is below..)

1. A GDI VOXL (the transport for GDI),
2. A NOD Carryall (the transport for NOD),
3. A NOD Avatar Warmech,
4. A GDI Ghost Stalker,
5. A NOD Cyborg Commando,
6. A Nod Fanatic,
7. A "Good" GDI Ion Cannon Effect,
8. A Model For GDI Commando,
9. A Model For NOD Commando,
10. A NOD Venom Craft,
11. A NOD Attack Buggy,
12. A A White Rail gun Missile Effect.

Unit Classes

GDI

Rifle Recruit
Missile Recruit
Rifleman
Missile Trooper
Engineer
Marksman
Mercenary
Zone Trooper
Commando
Ghost Stalker

NOD

Rifle Militant
Rocket Militant
Rifleman
Rocket Trooper
Engineer
Fanatic
Marksman
Mercenary
Black Hand
Cyborg Commando

So If u Have any ideas please post them here, also if you have any comment on the idea of the map itself feel free to share it i am also open to new ideas to make this map ultimate.

-NOTE: Screenshots will be added soon...

Last edited:
Level 8
About the massing units. The Player can only control one hero, (its kinda like a shooter). There are also computer controlled unit attack forces so if you have a week unit you can tag along with the attack forces to gain exp and to infiltrate the enemy base. (I have added a new section under the Ranks and Boundaries showing the different ways to gain exp). Please continue to post ideas and criticism here so i can improve upon my map, and if anyone can help with my model requests i would be grateful.

Level 8
yea is similar its sort of like undead assault (danno what to classify as). You get to pick one hero then defeat your enemy but depending on whether you have saved experience you can get better units. You can also get in tanks and planes. I will soon be looking for a beta team,

EDIT: I still need some help with these models

Status
Not open for further replies.