• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Castle Builder like map recruiting terrainer! (Rest of map 90% complete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I am in need of a terrainer for my Castle Builder based map that is called Kingdom Conquest. Other than the terrain most of the content necessary to release the beta of this game is done. This is an efficiently coded vJASS map with all custom units and 'heroes.' Heres a description of the map, how it plays out, and some of its features:

Players start off with a wisp and seek out to find a place to lay their 'primary structure' down. After everyone has chosen a place ( after 1 minute if someone didn't choose a place a random place is chosen for them), a small altar of kings appears next to their 'primary structure.' In this altar of kings there is a variety of heroes/kings/queens to choose from. Players will build their kingdom and generate an income with an interesting but simple income system. The object of the game is to destroy all other kingdoms and/or Kings that you're not allied with. When your King or primary structure die, you lose the game. You can ally with people in game of course. The main concept of this game is to be a casual massive war castle siege

List of Map Features:
-All coded in vJASS for smooth unlaggy gameplay.
-Wall Build system, check this link to see a video of how it works: (Note this video was made in the way early stages of the map) http://www.xfire.com/video/6d3ee/
-Balanced interesting custom unit base along with upgrades, buildings, and tiers.
-Random events on the map like natural disasters: earthquakes, tornadoes, and even a plague! These events are much more graphical and interesting than those in castle builder. (in Castle Builder a plague would just eat off some of your population, in my map a actual viewable plague travels across the land and 'poisons' units it comes in contact with)
-Some random events include mini bosses/mythic creatures that spawn on the land that drop loot for Kings/Queens.

Note, this map is not suppose to be a super innovation and crazy but more of a simple casual balanced war castle siege with enough strategy and fun king spells to make it interesting.

What kind of terrain am i looking for?

I am looking for someone who would have fun terraining a map that would be suitable for the gameplay in this map. Lots of different little areas would need to be created that would seem like a good choice to plant one's base and build their kingdom. The map should not have a lot of water and other then that i am giving a lot of freedom with the terrain. I would prefer the tileset be Lorderon Winter, Ashenvale, or Northrend, but if you feel you can work some magic with another tileset or custom tileset you are welcome to discuss that with me. The map size must be at least 224x224. I highly suggest you take a look over the original Castle Builder's terrain before committing to this (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...518/?prev=search=Castle%20Builder&d=list&r=20)

Although this terrain is a bit big nothing crazy or fancy is required for such a terrain. Please do not be shy and PM me if you are even slightly interested, i can show you my map the way it is on Castle Builder's terrain (i have recieved permission from Funness to use his terrain for now) if you would like. I am willing to give 50% of the map credit to the terrainer --it's just that important in this map. Lets have fun and make an enjoyable map! :D

Last edited:
Level 8
It looks like the terrainer who agreed to make Kingdom Conquest's terrain has ditched the project and is not communicating with me at all. If you're interested on helping make a fresh terrain for this game please read the above post and PM me. As the title says the map is ready to go into beta as soon as a fresh terrain is made, it can be considered beta now even but i'd really like to see it have it's own and improved terrain. You can check out the map here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/kingdom-conquest-v1-8a-155178/

Thanks for looking. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.