• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Casting Item based spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have a question. Ok its a bit complicated. I created an "Posession" ability. If my hero casts this on an enemy unit, this one will become friendly and will get a custom Soul Theft ability that he then must activate on hero. The problem is that the spell is based on item ability and i cant use the normal GUI function. I also changed the "Order ID's" of the ability to "load". Is there any way using "Custom Script" to force unit using it?

Level 6
yes but if he converts item-ability into unit-ability, it quite often has empty order string and you know that you can't change order strings just like that...

i have encountered that before and best i could come up with is giving an item to a dummy unit i just created and casting the item-spell that way.

of course, i could be totally wrong and overlooking something obvious, but we all know just how impossible that sounds... :cool:

Level 7
Also yes the String was empty. I then changed it to load but, it didnt work to force the unit to load hero. I also dont know if its possible to use this in GUI but is it not possible using custom script? (call remove udg_something)

Level 40
Also yes the String was empty. I then changed it to load but, it didnt work to force the unit to load hero. I also dont know if its possible to use this in GUI but is it not possible using custom script? (call remove udg_something)
Wait, what? You want to change the orderstring to load and have it physically load units? That's not how the orderstring works -- the orderstring is just something so that warcraft (and your triggers) can handle abilities. If you want to have the effect of an ability, you have to base your ability off that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.