• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNSword3

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
My first ever Sword icon. Will be updated when changed.

Change Log
V0.1 - Uploaded icon
V0.2 - Changed name and added some shading
V0.3 - Changed the size, took away the blood, and added a little more shading
V0.4 - Added glow and made slightly bigger
V0.5 - Changed glow majorly and added some highlights
Keywords:
Attack, command, button
Contents

BTNSword3 (Icon)

Reviews
19:57, 16th Oct 2009 Pyramidhe@d: the grey/red combination was a bad idea. the red is way more visually strong than the dull grey meaning that who ever looks at this icon will see the red first. few ways you could fix this -change the red to...

M

19:57, 16th Oct 2009
Pyramidhe@d: the grey/red combination was a bad idea. the red is way more visually strong than the dull grey meaning that who ever looks at this icon will see the red first.
few ways you could fix this
-change the red to something else
-strengthen the shadings and the lights on the sword. remember. stronger tone = stronger visual
-change the colour of the sword to something other than this dull grey you got
-or any combination of the above

This needs fixing. it needs, a LOT of highlights. you really dont see any sword that has a dark grey colour. so don't be afraid to highlight all the way to white. :p but the overall shape is quite good.

That glow... It BURNS MY EYES! try at least fading out the glow or even adding a BG. and try adding a bit more colours to the glow. because a simple red is just boring. :p

But over all its good, but it needs minor tochups to make it look MAJORLY better.

2/5

~Dentothor

This needs fixing. it needs, a LOT of highlights. you really dont see any sword that has a dark grey colour. so don't be afraid to highlight all the way to white. :p but the overall shape is quite good.

That glow... It BURNS MY EYES! try at least fading out the glow or even adding a BG. and try adding a bit more colours to the glow. because a simple red is just boring. :p

But over all its good, but it needs minor tochups to make it look MAJORLY better.

2/5

~Dentothor

Will do, I am still trying to figure out how to do the glow, its being a bit difficult.

Yay improve the BG...

Will do.

the grey/red combination was a bad idea. the red is way more visually strong than the dull grey meaning that who ever looks at this icon will see the red first.
few ways you could fix this
-change the red to something else
-strengthen the shadings and the lights on the sword. remember. stronger tone = stronger visual
-change the colour of the sword to something other than this dull grey you got
-or any combination of the above