• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNrustysword

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
thank you for having me download icon.
please give me credit if you use it

Keywords:
rusty, sword, rusty sword, attack, blade, tommy, gun, tommy gun, damn blade.
Contents

BTNrustysword (Icon)

Reviews
16:20, 25th Apr 2010 enjoy: It's not well defined enough, and I don't know what you did to that blade, but it does not look good. Shade it and give it highlights, and place it properly. If you don't know where, there is plenty of highlights and...

M

16:20, 25th Apr 2010
enjoy: It's not well defined enough, and I don't know what you did to that blade, but it does not look good. Shade it and give it highlights, and place it properly. If you don't know where, there is plenty of highlights and shading tutorials on www.deviantart.com. I think you tried to follow one of the tutorials on hive? You need to try more than once to get it right.

Level 35
Gah.

Redo the shape, it doesn't look like a sword, more like a half-cut flying saucepan. The shading needs less contrast, removing the huge amount of black would help clarifying the base color, which is supposed to be at least slightly metalized. It won't look rusty either only for pulling a few red lines on it, I hope you realize. The slice or whatever effect is too large and distorted in general. I suggest you entirely remove it until at least you give the blade a proper shape.