• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNdDRunedAxe

I'm trying out some new techniques in my drawings, to fit better with the tablet that I'll be getting soon.

I'm uploading this now to (hopefully) get some comments until tomorrow, I'll try to improve it then.

Enjoy!

update: fixed the blade I guess :E

UPDATE 2: completely redrew the icon with my tablet, It might still have some minor flaws but I'm definitely more happy with it!

Keywords:
Axe, weapon, icon, lulz, dansaDisco.
Contents

BTNdDRunedAxe (Icon)

Reviews
20:13, 23rd Aug 2009 zombie2279: Well, the altogether shape and theme looks adequate, I'm glad you tried something that's not consistant of 90% randomness again. The wooden part is well-crafted, but the metal/stone blade part is messed up. The...

M

20:13, 23rd Aug 2009
zombie2279: Well, the altogether shape and theme looks adequate, I'm glad you tried something that's not consistant of 90% randomness again. The wooden part is well-crafted, but the metal/stone blade part is messed up. The shading is randomly placed, it goes around the piece of detail in the middle, essentially making the whole thing flat and lacking proper 3D effects. To solve that issue, imagine a lightning source, and try to adjust the shading to be present at areas which are shaded if they're out of reach of the light source. About the highlights, they are totally missing. Add more of them to parts which are in close reach of the light source. These two should really pimp the altogether quality. I also suggest more, perhaps colorful (yet matching) decoration elements to the axe's head (more spikes, gems, a banner, whatever you can come up with), but that's optional. Maybe also zooming in so that the whole axe head is visible would be a good idea, since the border won't cover it. One last thing: The background. The color scheme is matching and good but it seriously covers too much of the icon in comparison to its quality. Try adding something less visible and a bit even darker. Preferably change it to a glow.

8:48, 27th Aug :)/)
zombie2279: A satisfactory amount of changes made, looks much better now. 3,5.

Level 2
it's not that cool , i agree with SpEtNeZz add some shading on the blade . (3/5)