• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Brave Frontier, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Aight, this one's about
5BSJrm7.png

Basically it's a turn-based JRPG for Android and iOS with LOTS of units, LOTS of SFX and LOTS of items.
You do dungeons by spending 'Stamina' which regens over time to gain EXP in order to level up.
Defeated enemies may be caught on a RNG base and fed to other units to power them up or evolve them into the respective stronger form.
Vargas-Fire-King-to-Fire-God.png
Vargas-Fire-God-to-Holy-Flame.png

Now I'm not a fan of IAP games (InApp Purchases).
Brave Frontier makes use of 'Gems' which you use to summon rare units aside from the normally caught ones and those are either to be grinded by events and dungeon clearance or bought.
Those gems, however, are given out rather gratuitously, so you don't have to wait weeks for a single one (unlike PAD).

Your own units have special skills to power up others, heal, deal damage, defend or whatever.
You can put up to five units into your team plus one external unit, a 'Friend Unit' to aid you.
Friend Units give you 'Honor Points' which you can spend on summoning more monsters.

The game is pretty cool, especially for people who're into anime since the unit designs are, well, anime.
Unit_ills_full_810106.png

6* Crimson Hood Ciara

The game tries to be a mix of Pokémon (Collectibles), Final Fantasy (Storyline) and Crack (Effects) and it's doing well so far.
There's an Arena which you can enter to let your squad fight against other players (automated battles), a Vortex which holds 'Special Events', you can gift your friends with items and and and.
BF gives you a tutorial to let you know about the necessary stuff before you start the real thing.

There are three versions out there, divided into servers:
-Japan
-Global
-EU
I'd highly advise you to NOT PLAY EU - it sucks.
Try Global or the Japanese version if you feel like playing BF after reading this.

Be wary tho, that the developer has issues to keep the servers online in a consistent manner, so sometimes you WILL encounter notices which deny you access to the game - since it's bound to those servers.

Now IF you want to play or are already playing, feel free to add me under:
Social -> Add Friend -> 967154442 (Name: Yuka, lv120+)
I'm playing Global.

Downloads on the AppStore and PlayStore.

Oh, and their support sucks too.
Don't even try to complain as you'll most likely get ignored unless you spam them on facebook for your support ticket to be worked on and even if they do something, they'll compensate with gems or other trivialities.

Status
Not open for further replies.