• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bloodlust autocast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok for some reason, my unit wont autocast death pact

TriggeR:

• Infector Skills
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Infector [Boss]
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Undead Death Knight - Death Pact (Random unit from (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Attacked unit)) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Summoned Blob)))
  • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Undead Death Knight - Death Pact (Random unit from (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Attacked unit)) matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown))))
That are the 2 actions i tried using, but both dont work.

I tested the skill, it works. So its something with the trigger but i cant seem to figure it out.

Yes i used the right skill (death knight - death pact). [Yes i got the wrong titel ik, but same problem:p

Found a part of the problem:

It wants to cast it, but for some reason only the icon begins to blight up and than he doesnt attack anymore, becouse he wants to cast it but he doesnt:S?

Heres the map (i removed the trigger which wern't doing stuff for the casting, and ruined terain abbit[just so that noone can leech the map])
And put some thing you can use testing in the middle (a hero some tomes, the boss with the skills)
http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/47768792/file.html

Last edited:
Level 5
I would suggest you to change the [*code] tags into [*trigger] tags, like this:
  • Infector Skills
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Undead Death Knight - Death Pact (Random unit from (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Attacked unit)) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Summoned Blob)))

Level 2
Death Pact can ONLY BE USED ON YOUR UNITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JESUS CHRIST THIS IS EVEN IN NORMAL WC3.

Hahaha And next time you wanne Diss someone, please make it a good one

Attacked player = Player 12

The blobs in trigger 1 = player 12 only
Player 12 in trigger 2 = well player 12

AKA

ITS FROM HIMSELF!
and i tested it also on myself, it worked. but he just doesnt cast the abbility.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
As poster above said, your targets have to be undead type along with their other types.

Death Pack is coded itself in game to be undead-only spell since it's belong to undead race and all of them are classificated to undead type ;)

And, for sure you can make it castable on enemie and allies by doing so in object editor.

Level 2
As poster above said, your targets have to be undead type along with their other types.

Death Pack is coded itself in game to be undead-only spell since it's belong to undead race and all of them are classificated to undead type ;)

And, for sure you can make it castable on enemie and allies by doing so in object editor.

All my enemy units are based of a Ghoul, which is a undead unit

Level 2
Post your trigger if problem still occurs, i hope u dont mean by 'based on ghoul' just model, because model itself doesn't bring 'undead classification.

I still got the same trigger. its in my 1st post.
And wityh based of i mean, i Copied a ghould unit, and changed model/atk/etc to what i wanted.

It wants to cast it, but for some reason only the icon begins to blight up and than he doesnt attack anymore, becouse he wants to cast it but he doesnt:S?

Level 2
For a better understanding, it is better to post your map (because we would like to check upon your Object Editor contents)

Sory for late response

Heres the map (i removed the trigger which wern't doing stuff for the casting, and ruined terain abbit[just so that noone can leech the map])
And put some thing you can use testing in the middle (a hero some tomes, the boss with the skills)
http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/47768792/file.html

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
You map is full of unneeded stuff, however i think i get what you want.
However if you want to know what mistakes here you are:
-first you changed death pact to regain mana, and your Boss had 100% all the time, so spell could not be casted. Than, spell is coded itself in other way you wanted it to to be used, so i dont recoment doing this.

Hope it gonna help you and not be afraid to ask for future help. Personaly i would do that (your idea about blobs) in other way. See map what i have made there to revive your triggers, but as i said before it's bad way to do triggers and stuff like this.

Attachments

• Blobs.w3x
    198 KB · Views: 70
Level 7
(hints nothing personal)
.. nice idea about terain .. but making it intro real shit bad
btw u chould use custom tree for snow .. its tropical on snow -.-
ctrl + page up to move objects up down (BRIDGES)u can fix that 2
and is the world realy that flat for you ... rise at some points lower
at others and mix terain for smoother look...

Last edited:
Level 2
Thanks it works now.

But now i got a new bug.

Everytime he dous the skill the blob dies (as supposed too)
it sets the blobs killed +1 (not worknig)

it keeps saying it 1, and it think thats right since if it was 3 he should do a other skill.

trigger:

• Death pact blob
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Death Pact
    • Actions
      • Set Blobs = (Blobs + 1)
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 5.00 seconds the text: (Infector [Boss] has absorbed one of his blobs, he now has absorbed: " + ((String(Blobs)) + " Summoned blobs))
As far as i can see, it should work. (and the first time it dous, since its default 0)

Level 7
trijing to figure out what u need help with .?

it probably writed that the boss absorbed +1 + Summned 1.
right?
ok i got what u need help with but
it should work is Blobs intriget and set to 0
and probably maxed it to be 1 or 0 dont get what u need..

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Thanks it works now.

But now i got a new bug.

Everytime he dous the skill the blob dies (as supposed too)
it sets the blobs killed +1 (not worknig)

it keeps saying it 1, and it think thats right since if it was 3 he should do a other skill.

trigger:

• Death pact blob
    • Events
    • Conditions
        • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 5.00 seconds the text: (Infector [Boss] has absorbed one of his blobs, he now has absorbed: " + ((String(Blobs)) + " Summoned blobs))
As far as i can see, it should work. (and the first time it dous, since its default 0)

My map works properly for me, have you touched anything?

Level 7
  • asd
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 5.00 seconds the text: (The boss has BLA BLA BLA + String(Bloobs))
why complicate it so much

Level 7
  • Infector Attacaked
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Infector [Boss]
    • Actions
      • Set Atacked_Unit = (Attacked unit)
      • Set Atacking_Unit = (Attacking unit)
      • Set Infestator_Stats = ((Strength of Atacked_Unit (Include bonuses)) + ((Agility of Atacked_Unit (Include bonuses)) + (Intelligence of Atacked_Unit (Include bonuses))))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Blobs Greater than or equal to 5
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Cause Atacked_Unit to damage Atacking_Unit, dealing ((Percentage life of (Attacking unit)) / 10.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
          • -------- Infinite combinations of dmg. ( if infestator hero u can deal his str in dmg if want --------
          • Unit - Cause Atacked_Unit to damage Atacking_Unit, dealing ((Real(Infestator_Stats)) / 2.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
          • -------- or just cast a spell. --------
          • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Special Archimonde - Finger Of Death Atacked_Unit
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Random integer number between 1 and 10) Greater than or equal to 10
            • Then - Actions
              • -------- 1 / 10 u can make 1 / 100 but same thing --------
              • -------- 1 / 10 = 10% chance cuz its 10 or bigger --------
            • Else - Actions
              • -------- 10% chance and it didnt bloob so nothing happens. --------
              • Do nothing
can make it in 2 triggers to make it smoother if u got alot of stuff on but if not works wonders

Last edited:
Level 2
Post this mode again, since i'm sure you have did something to my triggers, and man i'm gonna post you how it should look like tomorrow. Good night.

Didnt use your codes, but i dont think it should matter should it?

since it all about casting the skill and than +1 when it happend right?

Anyway heres triggers:
  • Infector Attacked
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Unit - Set mana of (Attacked unit) to ((Mana of (Attacked unit)) - 25.00)
      • Unit - Create 1 Summoned Blob for Player 12 (Brown) at (Position of (Attacked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Last created unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Stampede\StampedeMissileDeath.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Unit - Create 1 Summoned Blob for Player 12 (Brown) at (Position of (Attacked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Last created unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Stampede\StampedeMissileDeath.mdl
      • Wait 8.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
  • Infector Skills
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Blobs Greater than or equal to 3
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Special Archimonde - Finger Of Death (Random unit from (Units within 1000.00 of (Position of (Attacked unit)) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)))
          • Set Blobs = 0
        • Else - Actions
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Undead Death Knight - Death Pact (Random unit from (Units within 800.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Summoned Blob)))
  • Death pact blob
    • Events
    • Conditions
        • Conditions
    • Actions

Level 7
  • Infector Attacked
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 8.00 seconds
uhm u will have here 2 blobs alive and prety usles .. unles its like skeletion etc last time.
  • Infector Skills
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Special Archimonde - Finger Of Death (Random unit from (Units within 1000.00 of (Position of (Attacked unit)) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)))
          • Set Blobs = 0
        • Else - Actions
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Undead Death Knight - Death Pact (Random unit from (Units within 800.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Summoned Blob)))
this one is ok
  • Death pact blob
    • Events
    • Conditions
        • Conditions
    • Actions
[/QUOTE]
what evry 4th spell you will get +1 free cast ... and evrithing else 100% works fine unles u made other triger and FKED Up bloob count to set to 0 or 1
  • (set Blobs = (Blobs = 1)
you got something like this somwhere and probably the problem why its alwais 1

Level 2
  • Infector Attacked
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 8.00 seconds
uhm u will have here 2 blobs alive and prety usles .. unles its like skeletion etc last time.
  • Infector Skills
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Blobs = 0
        • Else - Actions
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
this one is ok
  • Death pact blob
    • Events
    • Conditions
        • Conditions
    • Actions
what evry 4th spell you will get +1 free cast ... and evrithing else 100% works fine unles u made other triger and FKED Up bloob count to set to 0 or 1
  • (set Blobs = (Blobs = 1)
you got something like this somwhere and probably the problem why its alwais 1

Well the blobs are like summons of him which help him attack.

And well i only use the blob variable in 2 triggers (the spell for +1 & For checking if its 3 and use other spell)

Left it unused for the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.