• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Blizz Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Was wondering if there is a way to get tree models out of WC3 and then put them back in the map to be used as buildings? (Currently, if you tree and, say, add a building called Ashenvale Tree and use an Ash Tree model, you will get a solid white tree shaped blob) Or if anyone has any idea how to make it so you can build Blizzard trees, that would be helpful too. Thank you.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

There is a true/false box in the object editor that says "...Unit has lightweight model...", uncheck that and it will work properly.

Level 3
Alright, I found the line in Destructibles but not in units, which doesn't really help me.

Edit:
Update: Originally my tree builder would spawn a goofy white thing instead of a tree. After unchecking that box in the Destructibles section, attempting to build a tree shows the white goofy thing when placing it, but nothing appears when you try to build it.

Extracting the model with Wc3 viewer and then open the model with a model editor, replace the skin path with the path that you desire. Then convert it back with Wc3 viewer.
The reason why it turns out white is because when you try to make it a unit you can't change a value that destructables have. Art - replaceable Texture File. Units can't have this. So it's why if you want to make it a unit you have to replace the skin yourself. I don't have any real experience with model editing itself though.

Status
Not open for further replies.