• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beginner terrainer neeeds help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hi. i have just finished my first terrain and i thinks it great but still needs help. then it would be cool if a good terrainer could help me. plz:thunbsup:

Level 2
thanks but now i done it but now i cant find it. where is it? and im sure that it taked the picture because it says screen captured. soooo.

Level 8
make sure after you take the picture you open up paint and press ctrl v to get it to show up. Save it in jpg format and remember what file you saved it in

Level 2
ok here

ok here some of my screenshots.:grin:

Attachments

• warcraft1.JPG
    warcraft1.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 166
  • warcraft2.JPG
    warcraft2.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 101
  • warcraft3.bmp
    50.8 KB · Views: 110
Level 27
Mh okay they dont look that horrible for a first time.

Tips

• Raise terrain levels so it looks better
• Adds some environmental elements like grass
• Add a sky and fog at the map options
• Use tilevariation like 2 grass types and 2 roadtypes
• Make it look as realistic as possible

Level 8
Well your waterfall could use some work.
~Be aware you can rotate your doodads, such as the waterfalls, so its not as flat. You have a few waterfalls landing on dry land and ending abruptly.
~Notice how all the waterfalls in that area seem to merge into just one oddly shapped block of blue. You dont need to bunch up a whole amount of small waterfalls. You can separate these with other objects such as rocks, river rushes etc to show more depth.

Both pictures are rather simplistic, try refining both to make them look realistic like Wand said

Level 2
:pirate: ahh. thanks for your help. i will make a new terrain and need you to start-help me. anyway thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.