• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Auto Tower Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Im trying to make a tower auto build but i dont know how. I want when i click to build a tower to make it build without having the Summoner (the one who builds it) stand beside him. Can someone help me please :confused:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Easy. Detect when the build order is issued (yes it issues an order before it starts to build the building) and then simply cancle the build order. Next create a dummy summoner (or move a recycled one to do the job) and get him to build the building by issuing the same order at the same position. Alternativly you deduct the resources and just spawn the building (again via triggers).

Its that simple. . .
Note that you may need to mess around with orders and unit parameters until you get a result which feels pollished enough to use.

Easy. Detect when the build order is issued (yes it issues an order before it starts to build the building) and then simply cancle the build order. Next create a dummy summoner (or move a recycled one to do the job) and get him to build the building by issuing the same order at the same position. Alternativly you deduct the resources and just spawn the building (again via triggers).

Its that simple. . .
Note that you may need to mess around with orders and unit parameters until you get a result which feels pollished enough to use.

Isnt easyer to make building Undead clasification? Undead buildings dont need worker to continue building process.

Level 2
or u can make it by zones, make a zone where u want the building to be made, then make a trigger, that when u make an upgrade or whatever, a unit (building) spawns on the area

can you show me how to make that trigger

Level 8
i didn't get what you meant by the without the summoner/builder stand beside him. do you mean like, you click a button, then that building is built? (like what Aslit said about building in zones). i'm not sure how you really want a building to just sprout out of a map, as what Aslit said seemed to be too broad (eh like if you finished an upgrade, where exactly do you wish that building to.. uhh.. sprout :p). you can create an ability (preferably Channel, or any point targetted spell), make it's cast range 9999. then use something like this:

• Build
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to (Your Created Build Tower Ability)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set LocBuild = (Target point of ability being cast)
          • Unit - Create 1 (Your Supposed Tower) for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at LocBuild facing Default building facing degrees
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_LocBuild)
i'm expecting you to have many towers that's why i did an if/else/then instead of just using the Condition field. create more if/then/else for each kind of tower you have. of course that trigger will build that tower at once, without those fancy construction animation. if you want that, add Dr Super Good's idea of creating a dummy builder instead at the point where your ability is cast, and make that building Undead (as NFWar's idea) so you can remove that builder as soon as that building started its construction animation.

Level 8
i dont copy paste cuz my version is not in english, symbols are not suposed to be question marks

• Events
  • unit ends upgrade
  • Conditions
  • upgrade equals to (select ur upgrade).
  • Actions
  • create (unit (ur tower)) at center of region facing angle
before u need to create the reagion with the region palet and then u selec them clicking on the blue text

and to avoid more advanced stuff u can copy this trigger and change the upgrades and zones, dont forget to check that u changed the stuff for each trigger ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.