• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attachment too small?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi Guys,

I read in this Forum since several years, and now my first post :D

At first: Sorry for my english, It isn't my main language, and If I make mistakes in spelling etc I'm really sorry :S

Okay, now my Problem:
Atm I work for first time intensive with RPG-elements/maps.

I take a model and some attachments from the HiveWorkshop to test if I ever get so beat before I made a concept for an RPG-map and so forth.

I used following ressource:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/rpg-chaos-orc-83586/
(and the normal (green) Version)

And as attachment:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...or-121010/?prev=search=armor&d=list&r=200&t=7
and
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...rde-175374/?prev=search=dawn&d=list&r=200&t=7

Okay, I'm not a total noob, I know how to Import something and make an skill with the attachment etc.

But ingame I got this:

The axe is very small, the armor is inside the unit. Whats wrong? Don't fit this model with attachments? (This isn't possible 'cause it is an rpg-model?!)

Did I forget something to consider? Someone knows more?

Greez
Vladec

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Sadly unlike SC2, WC3 does not let you scale attached models. There are only two solutions.
1. Scale the model you are attaching to down externally.
2. Scale the model for the attachment up externally.

For this reason it is a good idea when making models to normalize their size so that they are appropriate with other game models when set to a 1.0 scale.

I think a tool like WC3ModelEditor (if that was its name?) can do this with minimal understanding and knowledge about modelling and the physical mechanics. You will obviously need to re-import the model after scaling. It should remain the same size as it is not allocating any extra data (only changing the value of existing data) but this can have a few bytes difference after compression (some values can compress better than others).

In SC2 when you define the model data entry for the attachment model you can specify a scale for it. You can also specify if the model inherits host actor (the model being attached to) scale in the actor for the attachment. The actor for the attachment also allows you to apply another scaling factor to the model (useful for one to many relationships with a model entry). Man Blizzard has gone a long way since WC3.

Level 4
Okay, thanks, I will try to use the modeleditor and rescale the Thing :)

Will post if it become succesfull or not :D

edit: okay, I try it. rescaled to 0.8 and save the model of the unit. It works, the model was a bit smaller, but after all too big anyway.

I've done the same Thing, but rescaled to 0.6 - but now, I have absolute no Change in the game/worldedit. The model has exactly the same size like the 0-8 one?!?
Same with the Portrait: I rescaled it, but ingame it is now much too big, regardless of whether size I define in the model-editor :(

Someone know what I do wrong?

Or... just someone knows an orcish-model (chaos and normal) for an rpg-map that has the "normal" (blademaster) size and matches with Attachements without rescaling?

Greez

Level 4
Okay, works now :D

Hmph, but this is much more difficult as I had expected. Rescale Item1, Test ingame, rescale Item1 a 2nd time etc (like 6 times for this armor untill it has the right sice) and that Procedere with every item...

Anyway, thank you a lot for help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.