• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anyone want to make Dark Iron Dwarves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am in need of Dark Iron Dwarves, not only will it help me out but I'm pretty sure there are other people on here that are in dire need of Dark Iron Dwarves. Now I know you can just get some of the Dwarf Models on here and make them greyish with black and make red eyes on them, but I don't have that kind of knowledge to do that. If anyone is willing to do this it would be greatly appreciated and all credit to the creator. :grin:

Level 9
What Dwarf Model? I coud give it a try sense I have nothing better to do and even if it gets bad, it wont matter realy sense many of my other skinns are bad, but I'd give it a try if u tell me how I make a skinn for a custom model.

Level 3
What Dwarf Model? I coud give it a try sense I have nothing better to do and even if it gets bad, it wont matter realy sense many of my other skinns are bad, but I'd give it a try if u tell me how I make a skinn for a custom model.

I don't bear that knowledge to give out, I am a beginner. I would assume though, you can take a model from the model section of a dwarf, and use the texture's it uses and use some texture editing tool or maybe Paint Pro Shop or something and just color the arms legs face and such grey with black hair, red glowing eyes and maybe darker set of clothing/armor or whatever.

200px-Darkirond.JPG

This is a typical Dark Iron Dwarf

Level 3
you could get a skinner to skin some of the exsisting wc3 models..

i actually made a skin with a iron dwarf griff rider some years ago, if you need it for anything.

::: geting link :::

[Skin] Dark Iron Gryphon Rider - The Helper Forums

I could use that yea, not bad of a model. If you know of any other Dark Iron models it would be greatly appreciated if I can use and all credit to the person who created. :thumbs_up:

Level 3
Chriz. is making a campaign map called war of three hammers.
He has made many Dwarfs, maybe he could lend you 1 or 2.

That would be nice. Actually, I remember awhile ago there was a Dark Iron Dwarf Spellcaster in the model section and now it's gone. I wonder what happened to it. :con:

Level 3
One of those Dark Iron models came out with only team color and no body or anything. Anyone know the problem, paths are put in correctly.

DarkIronRifleman.blp
warcraft3imported\DIRifleman.mdx
warcraft3imported\DIRifleman-Portrait.mdx

Attachments

• fucked up shit.jpg
    fucked up shit.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 5,719
Last edited:
Level 31
It's not textures\
Skins some time's do that. You have to recreate the Alpha Channel

Here's a new, fixed skin. You have to completely delete the old skin, save the map, close it, open it back up, close it again, then open it back up and reimport the skin as a different name, then close and open to change the name. WE has to be able to read it as a differnet skin first.

Attachments

• DarkIronRifleman.blp
    148.8 KB · Views: 119
Status
Not open for further replies.