• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Anyone know where to get this kind of converter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I need a converter that can convert .avi to .mov so i can watch invader zim on my I-pod :-D but the only converters i can find are the ones that say FREE DOWNLOAD *but it wont work till u pay for it TT_TT I turn now to the only online community i can trust for this. anyone got a simple converter fir these formats?

Level 36
Guys, it's converted to .mp4 iPod does not support .mov files, and it has to be coverted to a certain size (to match the screen size). I use imtoo (google it) and i'm reasonably happy with the way it performs. Sometimes the audio is ahead of the video though, but the battery life on my iPod is so shitty that I rarely watch videos anyway.... For my 30 GB iPod video, it has a 3 hour battery life.... very sucky on Apple's part.

Level 21
the best two i know of are MOV converter which can be found here http://www.alloksoft.com/mov.htm or river past which can be found by googling it. unless you do alot of searching i doubt you will find anything...having said that i was on www.shoutwire.com the otherday and i saw something about online file convertion. go on there and do a search for free and one of the first stories should be about free stuff on the net.

there is also the...ehm....illegal option....should you be willing to take that you route.

some intresting google searches for you could be torrents or crack. see what you find.

Level 36
YOU DO NOT WANT A .MOV CONVERTER. YOU WANT A PROGRAM THAT CONVERTS TO .MP4 The iPod does NOT play .Mov files, but it plays MPEG LAYER 4 files, so you MUST find a converter that supports that. iTunes conerter is rather useless, because no one except Mac users uses .Mov, when .Avi is so much better.

Level 36
but dude, he's not looking for an mov > mp4 converter. He wants to convert his avi's to mp4. Why convert to mov and then again convert to mp4 when you can get it done with one conversion. As well, the more converting you do, the more quality you lose, all the rest, so the less the better.

Level 21
i dunno what he wants, if i wanted avi to mp4 for ipod i would use cocosoft. if i wanted avi to mp4 for anything else i would use riverpast. if i wanted avi to mov i would use mov converter or riverpast. i wouldnt use itunes. but i dont know what this guy wants, these are just options...

Level 4
I want Invader Zim.avi----> iPod

DOnt really care how its just .avi to .mov is the easiest way i saw it but either way works.

I need a converter that is
-100% free, i'm not torrenting and i dont want to pay for a converter
-100% free
-100% free

TT_TT almost every converter online costs money for full version or it wont convert like i want it to.

This is the internet, and somewhere there is a simple .cmd converter or something so simple that money is not a fact. There are all of these converters you guys reccomed but they all cost money. >_<

Last edited:
Level 36
You do NOT WANT AVI TO MOV. iPod does not play .mov files, and it would have to convert AGAIN from mov to mp4 when itunes went to put it on your ipod. This is BAD you will lose MORE quality and it will take a metric assload of extra time. So you need to find a converter that goes from .avi to ipod compatible .mp4 I recommend imtoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.