• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Any1 who wants 2 help with a multi-race map come now!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
:twisted: Alright peeps I need help, I have lots of races, from the cult of the damned to murlocs, I need many Ideas, and people who would be willing to help edit with me and in the end, help me protect it.

(this is only my second map, so of course i've done a small one, but this is my first big one!)

Level 7
well what is your idea for the game? and what are all your races? what type of game is this?
help me help you! i can maybe help with so parts of it but just need to know what ground i am building on!

Level 2
well generally I'm thinking kind of like village builder
in the sense that it has lots of races, but other than that its just a melee map, as for the races, that's one of the things i need help with, I have Quite a few but I would like to either add or condense some of them, here's what I have so far:
Paladins
Magi
Blood Elves
Sea Elves
Dwarfs/gnomes
Naga
Sentinels
Demons
Wardens
Druids
Cult of the Damned (Lich King's)
Forsaken (non-Lich King's)
Thrall Horde
Trolls (Ice,Forest,Jungle, and Dark)
Tauren/Ogres (very expensive to compensate str.)
Draenei

Level 2
okay, i hav 4 ideas, first of all i had already laid palys and magi out a while ago, but warden and druid, Ill wrk on, but im going to need ideas, i was thinking maybe like 4 cult and forsaken, ill seperate them by making skely warriors and magi buyable but not banshees or a few others, and 4 druids u can buy like furbolgs, as an elite unit, wardens, maybe add like enslaved units and watchers and guild elites, etc, then we have to condense this all into 1 unit that makes all these, so I was thinking you would have major categories (Human: has magi paly dwaves, etc. Elves: has sea elves, night elves, etc. a few others might be Orcs, Trolls, Undead, and extras (like demons,) then, as shown above, lots of minor categories, finnaly: there would be two modes (voted on in begining) either regular heros, or unique, such as arthas or sylvanas. :p

Level 25
Sweet merciful. Are you trying to make this in the Warcraft universe?

Firstly, there are no such things as "Sea Elves" in Warcraft. Remove them now

Secondly, just crush pallys and mages together and make humans with light based things and normal magic

Thirdly, you will not be able to make a true demon race without it being overpowered. Otherwise, it would not be a demon race. That is why Blizzard removed the Burning Legion: Because they couldn't be balanced without removing what was essentially their core concept

Forthly, trolls are not friends to one another. Dark, Jungle, Forest and Frost trolls will not ally together

Fifthly, Sentinals and Druids are both just Night Elves. They're not a seperate species of race or anything. The Sentinals are just the fighters and the Druids the casters. And the Wardens are just offshoots of the Sentinals anyway

Sixthly, Tauren would not ally with ogres. No way in a million years. Ogres are nature-destroying giant idiots. Tauren are wise, benevolent nature-liking cowmen

I'll come up with more errors I find later

Level 7
Paladins
Magi
Blood Elves
Sea Elves
Dwarfs/gnomes
Naga
Sentinels
Demons
Wardens
Druids
Thrall Horde
Draenei

these are your choices and for the basic units of warcraft only theses will fully give you a worker and fighter!
Blood Elves
Naga
Sentinels
Demons
Druids
but for these ou are missing some parts unless you go to skins!
Dwarfs/gnomes
Wardens
Paladins
Magi
and these i am not sure what the are! lol
Draenei
Sea Elves
Thrall Horde

Level 25
Uh.. I have no idea what you just typed

But Thrall's Horde are the Horde. The good orcs. The alliance of orcs, Darkspear trolls and tauren

And Draenei are those ugly as sin tings from the Illidan campaign. You know, with Akama?

And Sea Elves just plain don't exist. They can't be Naga, because he has Naga listed up the top

Level 8
Ogres WOULD ally with taurens, orcs and trolls(good one's) as you remember from the TFT Extra Camaign. Ogres are not idiots, try to read the file in WC3:ROC, it gives info about all races. here i am listing what would i have done if i was making a such maP, bit comlicated but anyway ;

Elves
-Night Elves
-High Elves
-Blood Elves
Nagas
Humans
Orcs
Taurens
Ogres
Trolls
-Ice Troll
-Forest Troll
-Dark Troll
-Good Trolls (ones on thereamor island or smt. like that.)
Demons (but not very Powerful)
Gnomes
Dwarves
Goblins
Pandaren (maybe if you can find more models)

Level 25
The ogres from the extra campaign swear allegence to one person: Rexxar. He let another take over in his sted. They're the only Horde allied ogres however

The Ogres aren't a single nation. Rather, they're many tribes. And look, ogres and tauren may both be large, but they have VERY conflicting ideals. Ogres are just as happy to blast away with warlock spells as they are shamanistic ones, while a tauren would sooner die than use any non-runemaster arcane spell. There's one exception tribe in the Ogres, and they just use shamans to my knowledge. Also, there's one exception forest troll tribe allied with the Horde

And look, "weak" demons just don't exist. Just replace them with Satyr or something. Demons are too powerful to just be a common race

And Dark Trolls I believe are low in numbers. I haven't seen any mention of them in WoW at all. And that's not counting the fact they're the most primitive trolls.

Oh, and Blood Elves and High Elves are basically just the same thing, except BE are fire based. No real difference between the two in terms of anything

Level 25
Wrong

Horde are shamanistic and voodoo users, against most arcane magics and unfortunantly the dumping ground of races that no one likes. But said dumped races aren't friendly. They're neutral. The Horde just aren't at war with them

Blood Elves are demon-magic-sucking Illidan-helping crack addicts

High Elves are trying to get over the addiction. They split from the Alliance back after the Second War

Level 2
OKAY!!! people im sorry i havent responded in a while but... well as for the whole sea elves thing... if u read like everything u can find, u will c (that those damn copycats at blizzard) ripped off from dragon lance this whole lengendary race of pale (not just regular pale but... like white skinned) elves that supposedly vanished from the earth, however it was also said that they had the ability to morph in to dolphins... however weird, and that like the night elf druids of the claw, just forgot themselves and became true dolphins, only problem...they hav no 1 to wake them up. :?

Level 2
Mecheon said:
Wrong

Blood Elves are demon-magic-sucking Illidan-helping crack addicts

High Elves are trying to get over the addiction. They split from the Alliance back after the Second War

See the whole idea of this... is that the blood elves would have like weaker units but more...spellbound units, like even the archers would have spells (if only 1) but the high elves would, as you said be trying to get over the addiction, and so would have stronger units and fewer spells, and the spells they do have would have REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYY LONG COOLDOWNS... AND!!! just to rub it in the H elfs faces U FARKIN IDIOTS Y DO U THINK THE KALDOREI ABANDONED ARCANE MAGIC AND BECAME DRUIDS!!! DUMBDNUTS :lol:

Level 4
here's how you should break it down

human (paladins + magi)
dwarves & gnomes (high technology + explosives)
blood elves (magic + fire)
night elves (sentinel)
cenarion (druids + treants)
naga + murlocs
lesser demons (satyrs + grellkins from WoW)
undead scorge (lichs)
undead forsaken (not liches)
orcs
tauren
orgres
trolls (try to stick to one tribe of trolls, eg darkspear)
draenei
goblins (weak infantry + strong machines + financial benefits)
pandaren

Level 2
Summary, so far, VOTE PEOPLE VOTE!!!

Well u c thats the thing...normally I'd agree, but for 1 ... Like it was said earlier, I HAV PALYS AND MAGI LAID OUT!!! the only reason they work is because of like a hundred other little skins, models, and custom units, but also since there is dispute on wheter HE and BE should be in the same universe, I'd like to hear votes on that, when 7 votes have come in then it'll be agreed upon, now as for demons, true they r uber, and I will use lesser demons, but I mean like what we would do is have sayters, i'm thinkin grelkin would be the workers,and like a few greater demons for elite units, and maybe throw in a few fel orcs, etc. hmmmmm now as for pandearean, well... maybe, but I need ideas for custom units and also links to various skins, AS FOR SEA ELVES im thinkin it would be something that if you beat every other race it would give you a password, and that would be like -Mango, or something stupid like that and they would be able to actually have an advantage on the sea insted of the same dmg. as all the others, so wadda u guys think

Level 2
GUYS COME ON!!!

Um...Is it just me or is like no1 looking at the second page cause i havent gottena response 4 a while now... i would really like it if som1 were 2 hmm say suggest things like yes or no boats, or for that matter can docks actually be built... or like what the terrain should be like, and I like the idea that Augur[N3rD] had in azeroth wars stratagey, you know, the whole gatehouse by the gate, becomes yours if you kill it...etc. but come on guys...give a dog a bone here!!!

Level 25
Ok, how to go about this..

Sea Elves don't exist at all. I have NO idea where you ever thought they did, but there is NO MENTION at all. I am the authority on Warcraft lore over here, so they don't exist at all. Yeah, they might have been in Dragonlance, but Warcraft doesn't rip off from Dragonlance all the time

Gryphons and dragons have been in mythology for ages, Dragonlance has creatures called Draconians which explode when killed, Warcraft Chimeras are different from everything in existance, Gnolls and Owlbears looked the same in everything and... Yeah

Now look, by making a seperate mage and non-mage race you're quite litratly just being stupid and making more work for yourself. You should be trying to LIMIT how many things you have and whip up some working versions, not trying to make everything in existance all at once

HE and BE both exist. I'm just a well known hater of BE

We'll talk again when you whip up some basic things

Level 2
oky doky...that works for me...but before I actually lay down the map I need to know...SHOULD THERE B BOATS OR NOT??? and should it be islands...or a large grassland...or mountains...caverns...etc.????? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: but the original Idea of palys and mages was just cause its a well known fact paladins ABSOLUTELY HATE magic, and this is verified in wc book 1. but I guess it would be wiser to combine the two for now, but yes both high elves and blood elves will be there, high elves more or less "spell-les" but stronger. :)

Level 2
Oz02 wrote:
Mecheon is right, everyone else is wrong. End of story.

Lothar Hex wrote:
You are the bottom of the evolutionary chain. The primoridal ooze looks down on you. Hell, the excrement of primordial ooze looks down on you
and now I add: Mecheon is enevitably domanant, if anyone calls him low, it makes them lower. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.