• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AND/OR in conditions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey all, Im just learning jass and am struggling to make a loop work. Im wondering if there can be 2 conditions for exitwhen?
using AND, or OR.

Example:
Function Fxn takes nothing returns nothing
local integer a = 1
local integer b = 5
loop
exitwhen a == 1 AND b == 1
set b = b-1
endloop
endfunction

I know its possible with other coding languages, and even found a tutorial on jass (Basic JASS Tips) that says it works. However, I cant make it work. This is the condition im trying to make work:
exitwhen ((udg_KeyLeftOn == false) OR (TimerGetRemaining(Reset) <= 0))

But Ive also tried much simpler ones, in loops, if/then statements, testing different placements of the parentheses and the OR itself, and different capitalization/lowercase of the OR. Ive also spent multiple hours looking for a thread or forum on this, and haven't found anything other than the tut above (which isn't clear enough for me apparently, since I cant make it work. I DO NOT HAVE vJass, which im beginning to think may be the problem. If anyone can tell me why this isnt working, or suggestions to fix it or a different way, Id appreciate it. I have thought about using a different function to set a global boolean variable to true if both conditions are true. If I cant figure this out, Ill just do that, even though it would be a bit slower, but mostly this is all because I want to understand jass better. Thank you!

Level 3
I downloaded vJass (btw, already love it, highlights in Editor, and I no longer have to comment out each line individually. Functions list, predictive type. Do i even need JassCraft anymore?? And iv only used it for 15 minutes.)
However, theres still a compiling error: Syntax Error unexpected: "OR"?
Same thing shows up for my super simple loop with OR, and for if/then statements.

Level 18
Yes, you can and you can even have multiple exitwhen's like so:
JASS:
       loop
            exitwhen udg_Spell_i_AutoAddTargets[i] and IsUnitInGroup(u, udg_Spell__TargetGroup)
            exitwhen not IsUnitInRangeLoc(u, udg_Spell__InRangePoint, udg_Spell__InRange)
            exitwhen not SpellFilterCompare(IsUnitType(u, UNIT_TYPE_DEAD), udg_Spell_i_AllowDead[i], udg_Spell_i_AllowLiving[i])
            exitwhen not SpellFilterCompare(IsUnitAlly(u, udg_Spell__CasterOwner), udg_Spell_i_AllowAlly[i], udg_Spell_i_AllowEnemy[i])
            exitwhen not SpellFilterCompare(IsUnitType(u, UNIT_TYPE_HERO) or IsUnitType(u, UNIT_TYPE_RESISTANT), udg_Spell_i_AllowHero[i], udg_Spell_i_AllowNonHero[i])
            exitwhen IsUnitType(u, UNIT_TYPE_STRUCTURE) and not udg_Spell_i_AllowStructure[i]
            exitwhen IsUnitType(u, UNIT_TYPE_FLYING) and not udg_Spell_i_AllowFlying[i]
            exitwhen IsUnitType(u, UNIT_TYPE_MECHANICAL) and not udg_Spell_i_AllowMechanical[i]
            exitwhen IsUnitType(u, UNIT_TYPE_MAGIC_IMMUNE) and not udg_Spell_i_AllowMagicImmune[i]
            set udg_Spell__InRangeUnit = u
            //Run the user's designated filter, if one exists.
            exitwhen udg_Spell_i_InRangeFilter[i] != null and not TriggerEvaluate(udg_Spell_i_InRangeFilter[i])
            set j = j + 1
            set udg_Spell__InRangeUnits[j] = u
            exitwhen true
        endloop

Level 3
Thank you! The error isnt showing up any more, so I think its working (theres a few errors in vjass that werent in the regular editor, so Ill see if I can work those out).
Also, I didnt know you could have multiple exitwhens, and at different points in the loop? Thanks!

Level 39
There is no need to download JASSCraft or JASSHelper separately (or use the JNGP or WEX); vJASS is supported natively in the editor as of recent patches.

There should be no errors introduced. Can you elaborate on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.